Saturday, January 16, 2021

Review - The Guest List and Hot to Trot

Trying to catch up with reviews. 

It might be the wedding of the year - an rising reality TV star groom; a self made magazine publisher bride; and a remote location off the coast of Ireland. What more could you ask for?

With 6 POVs and 2-3 time lines, it could've been a bit cleaner to read, but once you get used to the POV changing and the multitude of players, it is a fast paced novel that leaves you wanting more. At least, I wanted a little more. Things seemed a little too quick and clean in the end.

There were only 1 or 2 likeable characters, but a couple more that I felt sorry for once the back stories were revealed. The writing was well done and I didn't feel that things lagged at all. The audio version was well done with different narrators for each POV and that helped a lot with keeping things straight.

Four stars for me. Rounded up from 3.5.



Five stars for me!

I love Agatha! I was heartbroken when I learned that MC Beaton had passed away and thought it would be the end of the series. I was very happy to read this morning that RW Green will be continuing the series and that he had written Hot to Trot. I didn't realize when reading the novel that there had been any change and that makes me very happy! I feel as though Green will do a wonderful job on future Raisin novels!

Charles is getting married and his bride, Mary, does not like Agatha one bit. Agatha crashes the wedding and then a costume ball with the help of Gustaf, Charles' right hand man. After a confrontation at the ball, Mary is found dead and Charles is the prime suspect. He hires Agatha to investigate.

A wonderful addition to the series and maybe Agatha is turning a corner with her man chasing. But maybe not. Loved reading about the world of horse jumping. I am really looking forward to what happens in the next book!

No comments: