Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Review - One to Watch

 Another rom com and I really enjoyed this one! I finished it last night and just had to write my review today!


Oh My Gah!!!! This book was everything!!!

It is Bachelorette with a plus size girl! It is everything that will never happen in real life!

Bea is a plus-size fashion blogger who has watched the latest season of Main Squeeze and, while intoxicated (of course!), she writes a scathing review that gets noticed by the showrunner. Bea plans on doing the show strictly to prove to the nation that plus-sized women are beautiful. But even best laid plans go awry.

As a plus size gal myself, I could understand everything that Bea went through on her journey with the show and I really connected with Bea through her struggles with meeting the men and trusting her instincts.

The attention to detail in the writing was fantastic! The author hit on every single episode in the season. There was no glossing over any episode to shorten the book and I loved that! I loved the text messaging and podcast narrations that were written into the story. The commercials for the podcast were absolutely amazing and I looked forward to each portion after the episodes. And the Main Squeeze fantasy league chat was quite humorous.

Way to go, Kate Stayman-London! I'm looking forward to your next novel already! Five stars!!

No comments: