Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Other Site

Ok, so I set up the other site, just so that I can have the same screen name. Here is the link.

My mom doesn't want me to change it at all, but I am going to wait and see if Kim (the site hostess) responds to my questions about maintaining this site and whether she will close this site and have everyone move to the other.

I will just see what happens. But that site seems neat - you can send pings to other sites to try and increase the people viewing your site. And you can send private messages to other users of the site. That is really cool!
Post A Comment! :: Send to a Friend!
Thursday, August 30, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by SewAndSnip
I took a cue from you and went and registered on the new site tonight too. I'm not really sure if I want to switch since I'm so used to this site. I'll wait and see. I had such a hard time setting it up so there is alot of fine tuning to do yet.
Permanent Link
Thursday, August 30, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter
I recieved a PM from Kim several days ago. She said that she couldn't update this blog because the software program thing was too old and that she had no plans to take it down anytime soon. whatever that means...If I can find that message, I will send it to you. That way you can read it and see what you get out of it. She said that was why she designed a new site...Hmmm??? Kristie
Permanent Link
Thursday, August 30, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by
I'm not thrilled with how often this site goes down. I suspect the new site will be the same way because when this one was down the other day, so was the new one. Personally, I'm going to work to move all my files and comments over to blogger and forgo the whole posting at a quilting specific site. Blogger just seems much more stable. I really am frightened about logging in one day to find all my archives completely gone or only to have a few days to move. That's why I think it would be great if everyone would at the very least turn on their RSS even if they don't use it themselves. That way, no matter how far flung we become it will be easy to read everyone's blog entries. Also, you can ping from here too.Edited by Cre8tiveQuilter on Thursday, August 30, 2007 at 09:02 AM
Permanent Link
Thursday, August 30, 2007 - Other site...
Posted by take2quilter
I registered and the thought of having to pick poor Jen's brain again just left me wilted. Or maybe it was the heat? I'm glad you were able to assert yourself with the "date". It's good to set your boundaries with each other. Did he say if you do anything to bug him? LOL My "date" is in LUFF with me...silly man. It's all in the kiss and we have not been there...my lips don't stretch to MI. But, he would like to come to CA to see me... what do you think? He is very sweet and respectful....and lonely!

No comments: