Monday, October 8, 2007

I am sure that you all...

are on the edge of your seats waiting for an update on my dating, um, experiences. I really have nothing to report.

I have been in contact with 2 different guys on the eHarmony site in the last week.

One guy lives about an hour and a half away from me, but we have been chatting online via instant messaging and he really cracks me up. I have been waiting to see if he is going to ask for my phone number, but so far, he hasn't. He did ask me last night what my idea of a good first date was, but then he fumbled and didn't ask for a date.

The other guy is one who I was communicating with at the end of August while I was dating the last guy. It had taken a little over 4 weeks for us to make it all the way through the communication process on the site. He sent me a message last week after about a week of not hearing from him and said that he had been in Montreal for work and then told me where he worked and what he did. It turns out that he works with the husband of one of my co-workers. What a small world! Now, my co-worker and I are trying to push her husband for more information about this potential date, but he is holding out and hasn't given up much information. She is supposed to be working on him tonight to see what he knows about this guy. Also, the guy sent me a message on Saturday that he would like to meet me and wanted to know how I would like to proceed. I told him that I would like to talk to him beforehand, but that I am interested in meeting him. The good thing about this guy is that he lives within 30 minutes of my house.

Tonight, while I was at my small group meeting from Guild, there was a lady there who I hadn't met yet. Me being me, I was being chatty and the ladies were laughing at me and stories that I had. I was talking about my man fabric and making my pants out of them and then we were talking about the dogs and their cold, wet noses. I told them about how, since I am single, I eat at my coffee table and Max likes to sit somewhat behind me and touch the back of my upper arm with his cold, wet nose and it scares the crap out of me everytime. About 20 minutes later, the woman asked me how old I was and we all started talking about dating and online dating. It turns out that she has a son about my age and he isn't dating at this time, but you could see that the wheels were turning in her head. Probably nothing will come of it, but it was nice to know that a mother thought enough of me to mentally pair me with her son. :)

Also, this woman gave me a lot of help with my drive to Milwaukee that I will be making in one month's time! (Side note - WOO HOO!! I am excited!) She told me about a quilt shop in Crown Pointe, IN that I should stop at and by going there and following directions that she gave me, I can avoid an interchange of about 4 highways where there is always construction! Of course, this now means that I have to take into account a stop when driving north. But, that will be OK to see a new shop! She also said that pie at Baker's Square is awesome!


Moneik said...

Time will tell with the online dating experience. It took Paul and I quite a while to actually talk (over a month), another couple months to start dating seriously and now three years later we're engaged. I think it's a slow process and I went through a lot of different guys before I met him. Good luck and we're pulling for you.

Jen said...

I'm so excited that you're coming!!!!!!!