Thursday, October 18, 2007

Shop Hop Update #2

I know that it has been a month since the Shop Hop has been over, but I still have pictures to show and figured that I better get it done.


After we left the Victorian Quilt Shop, we ran up to Fabric Shack in Waynesville, Ohio. It was very easy to get to and they had A LOT of novelty fabrics. It was great because I was able to get a jelly roll of the Monkeying Around fabric and a couple of patterns that use jelly rolls. I also got a couple of yards of the pink sock money fabric to use as a light background to make a quilt with the monkey fabric. I absolutely love the monkey fabric! And I got a few other novelty fabrics for a kids quilt.



And that was it for Saturday. As we were paying at this last shop, there were a couple of ladies who actually turned their passports in and they were telling us how they were able to get through all of the shops in one day. It would’ve been too much driving for me and Maddy.

Sunday, I met Maddy and Nick for breakfast at the Original Pancake House. I had never been there before, but it was great! We finished there and ran to our first shop on Sunday – Sew-A-Lot in Centerville.



Neither of us had been to the Sew-A-Lot, but they had such neat fabric that we ended up staying for almost an hour! The first picture here is witches' underwear and then I got some more fabric from the dog line that I got at Victorian's the day before.







Once we finally left Sew-A-Lot, we drove to Best Friends, the quilt shop that I consider to be 'mine.' Jan, the owner, hadn't seen our purses yet, so she had her daughter take pictures of us with our purses for their collection. I think that they are going to put the pictures on the web, but I am not sure. I didn't get anything really noteworthy - a skill builder book and fabric for practicing machine quilting and a book for a class that Maddy and I are taking in December.



Once we left Best Friends, we drove to Stitches N Such. The ladies in there are so nice, but unfortunately, the hours don't work very well for me to take classes. I bought the Pajama Pants pattern from there and then ended up getting the same pattern book in the bag from the Quilt Bug. :)



Next, we went to Aunt Ruth's Scrapbasket. The first thing that I saw in the store was a pack of fat quarters that Maddy picked up and showed me. The colors were very cool! Shades of rose and mauves and olive and mint greens. Very striking! I ended up getting 20% off of the entire kit so I just had to have it. The fat quarters will be used to make a log cabin loco quilt. I picked out a batik for the accent center squares for each block and the border. The border fabric is across the top.




After Aunt Ruth's, we only had one shop left and it was just after 3PM. Maddy wanted to be home by 4. We ran to Sew-Ezy and turned in our passports. I found some really nice fabric to make a big shirt for myself.


We were out of Sew-Ezy by 3:45 and back to Maddy's by 4:10. It was a great hop and I can't wait for the next one! Here is a slide show of all of the pictures from the Hop.






Shop Hop

2 comments:

Nancy said...

I see you got Six Halves Make a Whole. I got that book somewhere in the last few months and am making the placemats at the end of it. 6 1/2 yds of fabric make 6 placemats, with each fabric in a different location in each placemat. Our Senior Center group is making placemats to give to the Meals on Wheels recipients and these are some that I am contributing to the cause. I'll post a picture when I have another one done. I finished one yesterday just in time to take it to the group, and one of the ladies who does not have a sewing machine took it to whip down the binding. I make a binding on my placemats rather than "birthing" them - takes longer but this way I can trim off the edges if my machine quilting makes some parts come out a bit farther than other places!

I can't believe how many shops you went to! I would have been exhausted and not able to decide on fabrics, etc before the end of the day!

Moneik said...

Oh it sounds like you had such a good time. I really enjoy going to different shops in a short amount of time. I think we all have our home shop!