Thursday, November 1, 2007

I am a slacker...

Not really, but since I haven't posted in a few days, I thought I would give an update.

I have been pretty busy with work since we are at the end of a month and I was out of commission for 2 days last week so I have had to work late to make up the work that needs to be done.

I went to my primary care doctor yesterday for a follow up from the accident. He said that things are looking good, but my blood pressure was a little elevated and he is concerned about that. It was 130/80 or something like that, but he said that it could be a result of the pain. He also gave me a different pain med to see if it doesn't make me as loopy so that I can actually take it. And he said that the pain will be around for a while until the soft tissue that surrounds my ribs and sternum can heal and stop being inflammed. :(

I have also been talking to DV2 almost everyday. Nothing has been said about getting together this weekend, but I guess that could change. We will probably talk again tonight. At least, that is what he said when we talked last night.

Oh, and I heard back from the other insurance company about the car. They said it is a complete loss. I was sort of hoping/expecting that, but it was still a little upsetting. As of Tuesday, the adjustor was still waiting to get a copy of the accident report that STILL HADN'T BEEN FILED WITH THE POLICE OFFICE!!! I had to call and talk to the sergeant AGAIN to find out what the problem was. He was again full of excuses for the officers who were at the scene and I told him to save it and just get the report ready because they are being the hold up for any discussions with the insurance company about a settlement on the car so that I can start looking at for a replacement. It is just unbelievable the crap that this sergeant has come up with to cover for the officers who aren't doing their jobs in a timely manner.

And I still lost weight at my Weight Watchers meeting. I was very excited about that! And when I weighed myself yesterday morning, I was in the 140's!! That's a little more than 32 pounds lost. I am definitely going to have to go shopping for all new clothes once I lose 5-10 more pounds. But at this point, since I can work out on the elliptical, it might be a little while before I lose 5-10 more pounds...

5 comments:

Moneik said...

Congrats on all the weight you've lost! I'm sure that makes you feel great. I know when I lost weight my whole body felt better. Sorry to hear your car is a total loss, hope you can get one you love to replace it.

Cindy said...

WAY TO GO on the weight loss. You must be so proud of yourself. I'm sorry to hear your car is totaled. That just stinks. Those police should get a good kick in the rear for taking so long to get you a report.

Nancy said...

What an aggravation for you about your car and the foot-dragging that the cops are doing. What are you driving in the meantime?

And many cogratulations on the weight loss - you should feel VERY good about that! Hope the new medication works better for the pain.

Gina said...

Congrats on the weight loss..
love and hugs xxxx

Jen said...

COngrats on your weight loss! I hope these new pills don't make you as loopy. Good luck car shopping...remember, you're a strong independant woman...they don't give you the deal you want, walk away!