Friday, February 22, 2008

Happy Friday!!!

Well, I haven't posted in a couple of days because I was taking a little break after finishing the Star and Nine Patch and I wanted to give everyone a chance to see the post with my current masterpiece!

Last night, I spent the evening doing work that I brought home. We are getting some severe weather and I left early so that I could try and miss some of the problems and not get stuck anywhere. It took me 2 hours to get home when it normally takes 45 minutes so it wasn't too bad. I was concerned about getting up the street in my neighborhood, but I used a new tool in my car and I had no problems. The G6 is an automatic and manual in one. I can move the shifter to the lowest position and it changes to manual and there are several levels that I can use there. I didn't slide or loose traction once coming up the last hill. :)

This morning, there is freezing rain and a layer of ice on the roads so I am waiting a little while to head out. I figured that this would be a perfect time to check some blogs and make a post.

Here is the picture of the package that will be sent to Dot tomorrow. Oh, and I should've put Dot's blog in as a link, so now you have that.



Now for some more donations!

Quilt in a Day sent three books and a bunch of bookmarks. In case you are wondering, these are all books that I don't have. :) As usual, these are great patterns and the books are a wealth of knowledge!



Stampin' Up sent a large box of mostly retired items, but they are all still great! I haven't unpacked everything to see what all is inside it, but I know that it is great that they sent so much! Last year, they sent 9 or 10 stamp sets and then filled the box up with a ton of other items. And everyone wanted the box! This year, we will probably split the box up into 2 or 3 smaller raffle prizes.



These patterns are from Starwood Pattern Company. They are mostly Jelly Roll patterns and absolutely adorable!!



This last picture is from the Guild small group meeting on Monday night. Patrice was very interested in the Kodak Easy Share camera that I had to get on my way to the last retreat so I took it for her to see. She just had to take a couple of pictures to see how easy the camera works. This is Judy sitting across from me and Karen sitting next to me in Patrice's sewing room.



All right, I guess it is time for me to get going and get to work. Hoepfully it won't take any longer than 2 hours to get to work. Wish me luck! :)

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow, Jill! What a nice bunch of gifts! What a great job you did getting donations!

Now, on the weather subject....I am so sorry for the weather you are getting, but............
I AM DOING THE HAPPY DANCE THAT IT HAS FINALLY LEFT OUR AREA! YIPPEE! YIPPEE! YIPPEE!!! ...........AND IT'S FRIDAY! WOO HOO!!!!! AND WE'RE ON THE DOWNHILL SIDE OF THE FULL MOON AND ECLIPSE! YAHOO!!!!
(Sure wish I could insert a little person dancing right here. I think I must be on the 'high' side of my mood disorder? Just picture in your mind the little guy in the old Cocoa Puffs commercial, (as in)'I'm Cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs!)

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND, AND STAY SAFE!
Michelle

Moneik said...

So glad to hear you got a few more donations. Those are pretty amazing gifts that will be given away. Be careful going to work today.