Monday, March 24, 2008

Birthday Update

I had such a good day!

There was no line at the BMV and I didn't have to renew my driver's license.

There was no wait at IHOP and they brought my breakfast out FAST! The bacon wasn't done enough, but the pancakes were AWESOME!

I dropped a casserole off at Mary Beth's house. She had surgery on Friday and was resting so I went to visit her and take the food. She was so thoughtful in spite of her incision - she got up on Saturday and went to a local bakery and got me and George a small cake to share for my birthday! It was such a cute cake and I was so touched that she thought of doing that. She also made up little Easter baskets for me and George, too. I think that he was pleased that the basket had some of his favorite candy in it and that she thought of him! Joanne, another co-worker, came over while I was there and we had some girl talk before we left to let Mary Beth get more sleep.

After I left Mary Beth's house, I stopped at Best Friend's to shop for some fabric. This was the only disappointment of the day. They closed early for the holiday. I will just have to make an effort to get there sometime this week to pick up what I need.

Once I got home, I made some more trips to the dumpster with carpet and then straightened up the house a bit and took a nap. I heard from Jen that Jen, Cindy and Michelle were at Baker's Square having birthday pie and thought that they should check in with me before my date. They gave some great advice and eased whatever nervousness I was feeling! Thanks, Ladies!

George and I went to Olive Garden for dinner. When I was growing up, it was a tradition that on your birthday, you got to pick what everyone would have for dinner. I always picked Olive Garden, but I haven't been there in a while. It was good! I suggested that George get one of the limited time specials because I really wanted to try the chicken so he did. It was good! :)

Thanks to everyone who sent birthday wishes! I haven't taken the time to respond to all of the comments that were left, but I was very pleased to see everyone who stopped by and left a message! I hope to get to responding this week and I hope to catch up on some of the blogs that I have been neglecting this week, too.

I hope everyone has a great Monday!

4 comments:

Moneik said...

So glad to hear you had a great birthday and a date for the evening. I love Olive Garden too! Your co-workers sound really nice and thoughtful too.

Michelle said...

It was SO much fun 'talking' to you while we ate 'birthday pie'. Mine was chocolate, minty, and sinful! Hope you and 'the girls' behaved better than my pie!

Anonymous said...

Jill,
Belated Happy Birthday. I was fun talking to everyone last night at Quilted Chaos. Sound's like George is fitting right in.
Glad to hear that your dogs are doing well. They are as important as children.
Talk to you soon, Karen

Jen said...

I'm glad you had a good date, we sure had fun eating birthday pie!! You probably thought we were nuts, but I will say our sides hurt from laughing!!!