Sunday, April 13, 2008

Another post...

I have the stash pot pie top pieced! I need to pick out a border. I am thinking maybe a thin inner border of maybe black and then a 3 or 3 1/2" outer border. No idea on colors for the outer border.

stash pot pie top

I guess that I can look at my stash and see if I have any colors that might work....

Ok, I took a few minutes and foudn some black and colored fabrics. I don't have enough of any of these to use as the border so I will definitely have to go to Joann's to get the border fabric, but this will give a good idea of color schemes. What do you think?

Bright blue/turquoise
bright blue border

Green
green border

Pink
pink border

Red
red border

Soft blue
soft blue border

Seriously, I need opinions!

14 comments:

Amelia said...

Love it.

I vote for red...but then again I am a sucker for black and red together.

Amelia in Oklahoma

Gina said...

I think the red too, but the green looks good aswell

love and hugs xxx

Regina said...

I like the green or the red - definitely NOT that first blue...

Looks great!

Moneik said...

I like the red, but the green looks good too.

Ruthie said...

My first choice is RED, with green, then soft blue.
Beautiful quilt.

Leah S said...

Love the green! Then the soft blue. I'm afraid the red makes my eyes bleed, but I don't like red in general... so that opinion isn't very neutral. ;)

Barb said...

Just found your blog via Regina @Queenbee ~ love your quilt! The colors are so vibrant and amazing! I'd have to agree with the red border although the first blue border looks great too! Just my 2 cents.

Jan said...

My vote is for the red, but I love red! Love the quilt--it sings!

Churndash said...

Love the red also.

Cindy (aka Peony the House Elf) said...

I'm in for the red.

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

I vote .... uhmmm....RED!
Love it, Jill...

Suzan said...

Gosh! I guess I am the only one that thinks the turquoise polka dot really made it "pop"!

kt said...

why don't you do some of all of them? :) not to make more work for you, but if you thickened up your black border to give it a bit more definition... you could do varying sizes of all the colors in random order. then everyone will be happy! :)

Rose Marie said...

I like the soft blue .... it tones down the colours a bit and gives the eye a chance to rest! Great quilt!