Thursday, October 16, 2008

One more sleep!

Just one more sleep until I leave for Jen's! One more sleep!

Now, you might be thinking - well, why isn't she sleeping now? I guess that is a logical questions... I just don't have an answer. I didn't get home from work until 7:45 tonight and I had already had dinner. I balanced my checkbook and paid a couple of bills and decided that I needed to run to the library and grocery store for supplies for the drive and then I should fill the car up with gas which, by the way, was 2.559! I even got some authentic Cincinnati foods to take up for Mike, Jen's husband!

So all I have left to do is dry a load of clothes that I want to take with me and load up the car. Of course, I do have to do a little rearranging of what I have already packed. And I use 'packed' very loosely. Basically, everything is just in a pile so I have to put it in my rolling totes.

I believe that I may be starting to lose some steam here. I better share my other great news and then shut down the laptop and get some work done.

I got a job at Best Friends, my local quilt shop! I start on October 25th. I am very excited!! Honestly, I can't wait! I don't know what I am more excited about now. Could be why I am still going strong right now. Or at least why I'm not sitting here with toothpicks holding my eyes open and trying to remain upright while I finish this up. :)

6 comments:

Jen said...

yeah...you were still awake...I was still procrastinating cleaning....sigh. I suck!

Judy D in WA said...

$2.559 for gas! That's it, I'm coming there to buy gas-I paid $3.59 today in SW WA!!!
Have a blast on your trip. Can't wait to hear of your adventures.

Moneik said...

Have a great trip! I'm sure you'll have fun.

Gina said...

Have a safe journey. I know you'll have a great time when you get there.
well done on getting the job at the Quilt Shop. You'll get first picks on all the new fabric now.

Love andhugs Gina xxx

Babs said...

Be safe and have fun! Congrats on the new job!

Linda said...

Jill, have a great time and congrats on the job! I'm really happy for you and they're getting a terrific new employee.