Sunday, August 16, 2009

Thursday QGI meeting and Bonnie Hunter

I was lucky enough about a week ago to get Thursday off of work so that I could prep and get to Indianapolis early to attend dinner with Bonnie. I took a leisurely morning and gathered some of my items together. I dropped the dogs off at the kennel so that I could run home and finish getting packed without having them all anxious about leaving.

100_1899

With the most important thing packed - the fabric - I was out the door and on my way.

Jennifer had given me great directions and information on a couple of quilt shops. I plugged all of the necessary addresses into my Garmin and I was on my way. I got there early enough to stop at Quilts Plus and look around. I found the fabric line that Regina was looking for and that I had already bought a little of. (I will do a separate post of the purchases from the weekend.)

After I left the shop, I headed to the Pearl Bistro for the dinner. It was a local restaurant and when I got there, Jennifer was already there and had an empty seat next to her so I was able to sit near someone that I knew. After I sat down and chatted with her, I realized the Bonnie was on her other side. It was very exciting!

The food was very good! Quite different than anything I've ever had. I ordered the spinach and goat cheese quiche. My plate did not look as interesting as Jennifer's bleu cheese muffin so I took a picture of it.

100_1900

After we ate, we headed to the Guild meeting for Bonnie's presentation. I had to use the facilities and was tickled at something that I saw in the stall. In case you can't tell, it is the latch to hold the door shut and it is a picture of a bathroom stall with a head sticking up above the door and feet below to make the H in the name 'Hiny Hiders.' Too cute!! I did giggle a bit!

100_1902

We got front row seats and I was this close to Bonnie's quilts!

100_1904

And Bonnie starting her presentation.

100_1906

And Linda and Cathy made it to the meeting.

100_1912

I have more pictures, but I will do a slide show on the last post about the weekend.

After the meeting, Becca, Jennifer and I went to Carol's house and chatted until late before we hit the sack. It was so nice to be able to chat with them in person!

3 comments:

Gina said...

I'm so jealous that you had a great time and great food by the look of it

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Jennifer said...

On my blog, can I just say "go read Jill's blog?"

Carin said...

Color me green with envy! I am so glad you got to go and had such a good time!