Sunday, September 6, 2009

It's a top!!!

Today was the Open House at the quilt shop and, man, was it a long day!! We were very busy for most of the day so it went by pretty quickly!

Once I got home, I had a bowl of cereal and rest and unwound for a couple of hours. Then, I decided that I just had to sew! I had to work on the stash numbers. I think I did pretty well!!!

Presenting .... On the Way to Oz!!!

100_1997

I took the class for this One Block Wonder quilt in October of last year. Once I got the center together, I set the whole thing aside. I haven't touched the quilt since December.

Now, it's been doggie approved.

100_1999
100_2000

And here is a picture of the original panel that I used for the One Block Wonder technique.

100_2001

I think that it looks really cool now that the borders are on. I started working on the backing and I am about halfway down with it. I am putting the panel on the back as a record of what the original fabric was.

I'm going to take it to the quilter next week. I have a deadline for finishing this one!!

9 comments:

Copper Patch said...

Absolutely love your quilt top. I must admit I wasn't a huge fan of the fabric range when it first came out but you've shown me that if you look at something from a different view, you can get AMAZING! It really does look brilliant. I can't wait to see it quilted.
Happy stitching,
Abbe

Jennifer said...

Way to go!!! I can't wait to see it in person.

Ruthie said...

That is so sool. I never would have thought to use a panel for a one-block wonder!

InfinityQuilter/Knitter said...

Wow. I wouldn't have thought to use a panel for a one block wonder either. Very creative!

Cheryl Willis said...

I am usually not a big fan but by using a pannel you have such a wider range of colors. this top is fantastic! (guess I have seen to many that are just blaaah that I didn't take time to figure out that it could be exciting if the right quilter put a hand to it)

Stephanie D said...

I would never have guessed that quilt had its beginnings in a panel. Awesome!

Barbara Sindlinger said...

Love the name and the theme of the quilt. My friend made a one block wonder using the sepia toned oz fabric. She made a tornado shape with her dark fabrics. What a fun quilt to design I'm sure.

Gina said...

I love it.

Love and hugs GIna xxx

EB said...

This is beautiful, so creative!