Sunday, May 30, 2010

Barb and Jill's Day of FUN!

Yesterday morning, I threw the last of my supplies into the car, patted the pups on their little heads and ran off to Barb's for the day! When I got there, Barb and I left to hit a sale, but of course, a trip out would not be the same without a stop for food. This time, we hit Dunkin' Donuts. YUM!!!

This is what was left of our food when Barb reminded me to take a picture.

100_2683

We shopped at the sale at The Quilt Bug. I was having a few issues with sensory overload with the noise at the shop. I don't know if it was the ladies just talking way too loudly or the semi echo that was occurring from the big rooms and hard wood floors, but we could not leave there soon enough for me!

On the way back to Barb's, we stopped at her MIL's to pick up her dog so that we would have a sewing dog with us. We were also hoping that it would divert a little of Lucy's attention from me to the dog. Lucy gets a little too excited and it's hard to get much done with all the interruptions.

When we got back to Barb's, we set up the dining room for us to sew, iron and cut! Here is my sewing alcove. It was quite cozy!!

100_2686

And right next to me was the cutting area.

100_2687

When I was setting up the ironing board, I bumped the table and my iron started to fall. Even though it wasn't on, I grabbed the end of the cord instead of the iron and it got a boo boo.

100_2698

It was just a back up iron so we were still able to iron using Barb's Ghetto iron. It is HOTT!! Hopefully, even though this is a dark picture, you can see that it has a boo boo also!

100_2695

Right before I headed over to Barb's, I grabbed fabric for 2 extra projects. I forgot that I was going to show Barb how to make an Easy Striped table runner. Here is the runner that I made showing her how to make hers.

100_2688

Barb worked on making 2 table runners with a border fabric she picked up and I worked on the following...

100_2693 A take along bag - made using the Purse-Nickities pattern by Lazy Girl designs, but with a few modifications.

100_2689 A tool caddy

100_2691 With the tools

100_2694 And three sock bags that are very versatile!

I sure hope that my PIF people and the winner of the 1,000th post giveaway like the Sock Monkey fabric as much as I do!!

I also came home with a knitting kit that Barb had and decided that she was not interested in. I will have to see what I can do with this!

100_2697

And finally, here is cute little Emma! We got off to a rocky start, but we were BFF's by the time I left! What a cutie pie!!

100_2685

And Lucy just wouldn't sit still long enough to get her picture taken. I wish we could bottle that energy up!!

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Looks like a fun day. I wonder how my kids would do if I set up shop in the dining room?

InfinityQuilter/Knitter said...

Looks like you made some pretty good progress yesterday. Bummer about the iron boo boo, but at least it wasn't ON...that could have been bad.

Michelle said...

Looks like you had a very productive day. Sewing with friends is always fun!!!

Libby said...

You got alot done!! and btw I love sock monkey fabric!!

Deanna said...

That tool caddy is TOO cool. Do you have a pattern?

Babs said...

Holllllaaaa!!!
What a great day with great company :)

That ghetto iron looks even more awesome in person. Separates those seams like a dream!!!

Btw - that dog is sooooo cute! Hee hee ;)
Emma would be so pleased to know that she got a shout out on your blog LOL

-Babs