Sunday, August 8, 2010

Sunday Sew In!

Today, I met up with the Girlzzzzz, Barb and KT, for another sewing day! We invited Mary to join us and Barb and I met Mary for breakfast at IHOP. YUM!!!

Barb had a Minionade or something and it looked good! I wish that I had seen it before I ordered my milk....

100_2931

But my breakfast was yummy!!

100_2932

When we got to the shop, we got all set up and then I had to be on a conference call for work for about 10 minutes. Too bad there was some 'line interference' on my end, right, Barb??? HOLLAAAAA!! lol

When I got to sewing, I finished up my giveaway prizes by making the last Stitch 'N Chix bag. Woo hoo!!! I should be able to get everything all packaged up tomorrow night and mailed off on Tuesday! I will be glad to get my room back! lol

100_2937

After finishing the bag, I moved onto the borders on the Jitterbug quilt. I was going to sew the binding strips together and get those pressed, but I kept moving them aside and never got to it.

100_2934

Mary made a tote bag for her knitting from start to finish. It's very cute!!!

100_2935

And per my plan, I used most of my leftover Jitterbug fabric for the backing. It took a while, but I got the backing made and used up some yardage. WOO HOO! It was nice to be able to use the shop's design wall, but I did a lot of climbing around on a chair since the quilt is so large.

100_2936

I'm pretty sure that the backing is large enough and I can't wait to get it quilted! It's going on my bed! I think the dogs will love it!

Now, I need to pay some attention to the dogs.

8 comments:

Amy said...

Oooo...this post should have come with a warning: "Do not enter if you are hungry"

That breakfast looks SOOOOOO yummy! And that drink----I think I'm feeling a bit parched now....

OMGoodness, Jitterbug has adorable fabrics!!!!! How big is it??

Gina said...

I love the Jitterbug quilt

Love and hugs Gina xxx

jan said...

Love the Jitterbug quilt! Who can resist polka dots? ;)

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

The Jitterbug is great - I especially like the back!

elizabeth said...

THAT DRINK LOOKS SO GOOD. I WONDER WHAT FLAVOR IT IS? THE BACKING WORKED OUT GREAT. A GOOD WAY TO USE THE LEFT OVERS FROM THE TOP. LOVE THE QUILT TOP ALSO. IT WAS NICE YOU GUYS COULD GET TOGETHER TO SEW. I THINK I WOULD GET MORE DONE IF I HAD SOMEONE TO SEW WITH AND AN AREA SET UP TO WORK IN. I THINK THE PUPS ARE WONDERING WHERE MAMA IS.

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

You have been busy!! The quilt looks great!

InfinityQuilter/Knitter said...

Great job using up the leftover fabric! Your breakfast does look yummy!

Vicky said...

Fabulous bust! Love those diagonal stripes in your quilt. They really give it movement! Good job!