Thursday, September 2, 2010

Junk Removal

This past weekend, my neighbor pulled out a couple of bushes that were in front of our condos that were total eye sores and potential areas for people to hide in and ambush someone. Mostly, they were just ugly and misshapen bushes that had to go!

I wasn't able to get true before pictures because my neighbor started cutting the branches without me, but here are a couple of pictures of the 2 bushes so that you can see how bad they were.

From March, 2008

snow day 4

From September, 2008

100_0913

And here is the after.

100_3005

I'm waiting to see what my neighbor decides to put back in there. He thinks that he can find 3 nice size bushes that will fit and look better with the 2 that we left in front of my window.

Poor Maisy was stuck inside.

100_3007

7 comments:

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Very nice. Does wonders for the front. Nice to have neighbors like that!

Cheryl Willis said...

less is more. smaller pieces in an odd number will be easier to look at. cw

InfinityQuilter/Knitter said...

Much better! What about planting some perennials?!?! Or do they have to be bushes?

elizabeth said...

SMALLER BUSHES WOULD BE NICE, AND IF KEPT TRIMMED THEY WILL STAY SMALLER THAN THE ONES HE TOOK OUT. THEN THERE ARE PERENNIALS THAT LOOK LIKE BUSHES AND HAVE NICE FLOWERS

Jennifer said...

Looks great!

Michelle said...

Looks great...all except that SNOW picture. I dont' miss the snow!

Vicky said...

Poor Maisy. "Mommy, just open the door. I promise I won't run away!!"