Sunday, October 10, 2010

Quilt Regina's Quilt - DONE!

Today, I got something else marked off the To Do list (Updated here)! Last night, I prepped the backing and pressed the top of Regina's quilt and I got it loaded onto the frame and made a few passes. I was having some issues with the white thread and breakage and I gave up around midnight.

This morning, I tackled the quilt with a fresh outlook! I changed the needle to a larger eyed needle, oiled up the machine and got to work. I realized that I could go from right to left on the panto without any issues, but when I tried to go left to right, I had breakage. Easily solved problem! I just went from right to left for the rest of the quilt!

I got the quilt done, the threads buried, the quilt packed up and shipped out with just minutes to spare before the post office closed. Regina should have it on Tuesday! But she also gave me the OK to show pictures so here goes!

100_3142

There are quite a few fabrics with various fish, crabs and turtles so I used a fish panto. The thread was an off brand white and looks quite nice on the quilt.

100_3144

100_3145

The pups definitely approve!

100_3146

I couldn't get them off of it to pack it up!

100_3147
100_3148

15 comments:

Ted and Donna said...

Did Regina make the quilt and you just did the quilting. Forgive my ignorance. Sometimes you are so far above me who continues to take her slacks to the dry cleaners to get hemmed. I'm under tall you know.

Libby said...

What a stunning quilt! It sparkles! Those blues are so so pretty! Well done to both of you!

Michelle said...

Love the quilt, and a great job on the quilting, Jill!

Your machine sounds like mine, only I only ever go, left to right, or my thread breaks. It's easier just to go left to right than to fight it. I works, so I go with it!

Have a great Sunday!

Kristie said...

Looks very pretty! I think that panto looks great with that quilt. I'm sure she will be pleased with it!
Kristie

scraphappy said...

Bummer about the thread breakage. Glad you got it figured out though. The quilting looks great. I like the pattern on the sashing for the quilt. It really ties all the blocks together, took me a minute to realize it was a sampler.

Regina said...

Oh Jill - it turned out so great!! The Munchkin was over here checking out the pictures- he was laughing at the fish - and collapsed into giggles when he saw the pups on it!!!

In case anyone asks - this was a BOM from Nancy Rink Designs - which is now for sale as a pattern: http://www.nancyrinkdesigns.com/shop/quilt-patterns.html?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=94&category_id=2

... and I pieced it mostly from FQ stash and scraps - I only bought the white and the backing.

Anonymous said...

Looks great! I think this is going to be Regina's binding project as she rides down to SC so I will get to see it in person next week! Love the panto, you did a super job.

Shellie said...

Oh I love the fish. Very clever.

elizabeth said...

VERY GOOD JOB JILL OF USING THE LITTLE FISH FOR THE QUILTING. YOUR PUPS MUST HAVE THOUGHT IT WAS FOR THEM. POOR BABIES. IT IS A VERY CUTE PATTERN. GREAT PROBLEM SOLVING TOO.

Jennifer said...

Great job on the panto! The quilt is just so bright and sunny and the panto really compliments it.

Jen said...

Sometimes, the problem is fixed just by leaving and coming back the next day! Very cute, the fish turned out fantastic!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

It's very pretty! Great job on the quilting!

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Love the quilted fish design! Nothing says "perfect" more than having the dogs stamp of approval!

Gina said...

I love that quilt and the choice of the fish panto was inspired.

Now are you sure you mailed it off to Regina. I wouldn't mind if you had mistakenly mailed it off to me. after all our names are only a few letters different. LOL

Love and hugs Gina xxx

InfinityQuilter/Knitter said...

The quilting is really cute! I can't believe you got it mailed too! You deserve a GO!