Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Quilt Shellie's quilt - DONE!!!

I'm not going to show full pictures of the quilt because it is for Shellie to show, but I will show the quilting that I did.

I quilting a tight stipple in the backgounds and sashing in the center of the quilt.

100_3131

In the borders, I did a couple of wavy lines in the green border with green thread that meet in the corners with loops. The the outer border, I used a red thread and it matches pretty well. I hope that you can see it without straining your eyes too much! lol I quilted a running holly leaf border with groups of 3 berries sporadically quilted where the leave meet. I really liked quilting this border!

100_3140

In the corners of the outer border, I made 3 holly leaves come together.


100_3141

Now I need to take care of the threads and pack it up to send it back to Shellie. And I have to mark it off of my To Do list!! Woo hoo!

Oh yeah - Bottom Line used in the bobbin and Connecting Threads thread used in the borders and a Coats & Clark Star thread in the center.

6 comments:

Gina said...

From what you've shown it looks great. I love the holly leaves in the border

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Reenie said...

Oh, I can't wait for her to show us the whole thing! Looks like you did a great job on it and look at you working your way through your list. Woohoooo!!

Anonymous said...

Hooray for checking another thing off your list. The quilting looks awesome, can't wait for Shellie to show us a picture of the whole quilt. You are on a roll.......keep going!!

elizabeth said...

JILL YOU ARE REALLY CHECKING OFF FINISHED ITEMS FAST. WTG YOU ROCK GIRL. CANT WAIT FOR SHELLIE TO SHOW US THE FINISHED QUILT

Jennifer said...

Looks great and I love the holly leaf border.

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Your quilting is amazing. What, no approval from the pups?