Monday, November 8, 2010

Fun with Maisy

I think that when I was on retreat, I mentioned to Jennifer that I needed to do another dog video for her kids because about a week ago she mentioned in an email that the pups weren't satisfied with pictures any longer. I had to wait for a sunny day to let lots of light into the family room in order to have enough light for the video and the pups and I set to work on Saturday to have a little fun to be captured in live action.

I had only really planned to get one video, but ended up taking 2 - one of each dog. Kind of a necessity when Max was being camera shy in the first video and was enticed by a squeaker in the second. I was trying to get Maisy to do her little 'dance' where she puts her chest on the floor and wobbles back and forth on it, but she wanted to play with her duck.

Also, you doxie lovers will see that she is jumping in the video and, while I urged her to do it on camera, she had been jumping just seconds before on her own. In spite of her 20 pounds, she jumps all the time - to let me know that she is there, to let me know that she wants food, to let me know that she is there and wants food, and when she gets excited about food. Really, Maisy's whole life revolves around food and how she can get more. But she also gets excited about seeing me when I get home and jumps for me then, too. As much as I try to discourage it, she does have a mind of her own! lol


Now, I said that I took 2 videos. You will have to wait for Max's for another day. It takes a while to upload the videos to Blogger and I want to sew! :)

**Edited to add.... I've heard from Jennifer that she wasn't able to see the video. I have uploaded the file to webshots and am embedding the video here. If you still can't see it on the post, you can click on the Webshots link below and watch the video on webshots.



100_3282.MOV

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Yay, a video - I can bribe my "pups" with it tomorrow after school! Boo, can 't load it...hopefully just a glitch that will work itself out.

quiltin cntrygrl said...

So cute!! Now I know that I don't have to get little toys for the pups.. will be sure to tell santa this year

Anonymous said...

sweet babies...

Kristie said...

Too cute!!! She is huge! My little Smokey doesn't like to play at all, he just wants you to pet him. But Jazz he drives you crazy! He wants to play 24/7 with his toys!
Kristie

elizabeth said...

LOVED WATCHING PUPS PLAY....YOU CAN SEE ONE IN THE BACKGROUND. IT LOOKS LIKE HE IS PULLING STUFFING OUT OF THE LITTLE TOY OR AT LEAST TRYING TO GET TO IT

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Thank you for sharing the video of Maisy. She certainly has fun 'taming' that duck!!