Monday, January 17, 2011

Loss of sewing mojo

I got a bit of sewing done on the mug rug last week and I thought that it meant I would have an extremely productive 3 day weekend. It didn't happen!

Friday night, I finished up my work project.

Saturday, I woke up with an urge to piece, I had visions of getting all my blocks done for the Split Decision quilt. Or all the stitching on the applique for the witches. I didn't do either. I actually didn't work on anything crafty until about 7.

Sunday, it was all about the same although I did pick up my two at a time socks and finished the legs. I had to pull the books out to see what the next steps were for the heel flaps and got started on those, too.

Today, I finally just decided to watch TV and work on the socks. I turned on a movie and got my sewing area all straightened up and when I sat down to watch the second, I fell asleep. But once I woke up and finished the second movie, I was ready to sew and I worked on a Midget Block. I finally got something done!

I hope that I can get myself to sewing next weekend! And it feels like this will lead to a Year of the PIGS question in the future.

And the Year of the PIGS question for this week is - Give some stats on your PIGS! What is your oldest and how old is it? Do you have a list of your PIGS and is it current? How many PIGS and UFOs do you have? Be prepared to answer on Wednesday. :)

8 comments:

Melinda said...

Sounds like you needed a TLC weekend - watching TV while knitting sounds like a delightful way to spend a winter weekend. Guess I'll be counting PIGS tomorrow (the UFOs are listed already).

Jennifer said...

I felt the same way today! Had to force myself to head down to the basement to work on Jenna's quilt. Let's hope next weekend is better!

Amy (lilme2_99) said...

Putting your feet up and having "you" time away from piecing is just fine, girl. Don't kick yourself over it; we all need to re-energize at some time or another.

Happy Monday!

Kristie said...

Oh I know what you mean! I've had to make myself get up!! Once up, I get very little done. I also cleaned me sewing table but that was about the extent of it. Just can't make myself do anything else...

The PIGS....you probably really don't want to know about mine!!! I would be embarrassed to even count mine! LOL!
Kristie

Infinity Quilter/Knitter said...

Since you vegged out over the weekend, now you're all ready to sew during the week!

Funny, I actually did sew last weekend. We like to do the opposite.

elizabeth said...

I COULDNT EVEN BEGIN TO GUESS HOW MANY UFO'S AND PIGS I HAVE. MY OLDEST WOULD BE ABOUT 27 YEARS OLD. THE SECOND OLDEST IS ABOUT 19 OR 20 YEARS OLD. THE 19 TO 20 YEAR OLD IS A QUILT TOP THAT STILL HASNT BEEN QUILTED. SOMETIMES WE JUST NEED TO VEG....HAPPY QUILTING...I DID GET A SCRAPBOOK FINISED THAT I HAVE BEEN WORKING FOR A WHILE...WOWOWOW NOW TO SEND IT OFF TO GRANKIDS....HAVE MORE IN THE WORKS...

elizabeth said...

oh yea i forgot to ask , what is a pig again.....

Babs said...

Maybe you're PREGNANT!!!!!
Or maybe we just have to have a sew date to get anything done LOL

HOLLLLLAAAAA!

-Babs