Monday, May 30, 2011

Relaxing with the pups

Last night, I was able to make more progress on my painting and I decided to take today off to relax with the pups and catch up on blogs and my DVR.

I meant to take a picture of the before in the stairwell, but I forgot until after I had made the first touch ups in the corner where the two walls meet. If you look closely, you can see that there is a thin strip where the new paint is still drying.

100_3969

I was very nervous about painting this area because it was very hard to reach and I didn't have a ladder tall enough to get to it. I ended up using an extension pole for painting ceilings and  taping brushes and then a trimming pad to it. I think that it worked pretty well. There are a few spots that I am not very happy with, but I have no way of making them look any better so this is how it will stay.

100_3970 Still drying here

And here is how it looks as of a few minutes ago! Pretty good, if I do say so myself!

100_3972

At least it won't be the eyesore that it was before!

And here is my list!

1. Fill in nail holes in quarter round (kitchen, hallway, bathroom)
2. Touch up yellow paint in kitchen and bathroom
3. Touch up tan paint in hallway
4. Fix trim paint where needed
5. Paint inside of front door
6. Touch up ceiling paint in bathroom and stairwell
7. Touch up tan paint in stairwell
8. Fix primer in upstairs bathroom including re-primering where needed
9. Paint upstairs bathroom ceiling
10. Paint upstairs bathroom walls
11. Reassemble kitchen

The only things that I have left is painting the bathroom walls and ceiling. I think that I am going to hold off on that until next weekend. I'm sure I can get the ceiling done on Friday night and the walls on Saturday night. Saturday, I have a sew in with the Modern Quilt Group, although I may pass that up to get the painting done and just go to the Sock Club. I have a few more days to decide!

This week, I have to work on quilting a quilting and getting the binding on for a UFO Yahoo group that I'm in. I'm at the top of the list and I have until Saturday afternoon to get it done.

And lastly, the pups were too excited to have a lazy day today cuddling together! It was just what we all needed!

100_3971

13 comments:

Nancy said...

Congratulations!!!! Your list is getting smaller... wanna paint my living room??? ;o)

Regina said...

It's looking good!!! really good!!!!

Anonymous said...

wow, you're rocking through the list! I forgot about the sew-in. Hmmmm....

Isn't it amazing how fresh paint looks, especially when you paint the ceilings? So many folks don't paint their ceilings... to me it makes a huge difference.

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Oh Jill Sweetie...
The list is getting littler and littler as you paint along. In the mean time I believe the pups were happier and happier today as the day went along and they had your full attention.

Love the color and you are doing a phenomenal job sweetie. Can't wait to see everything finished for you.

Many hugs and much love, Sherry

Jennifer said...

Great job and you totally deserve the day of rest!

swooze said...

Great progress! Do you have textured walls?

scraphappy said...

Great work on your list. Almost there! The paint is looking good.

Kristie said...

Something else marked off your list! :) Looks great!
Kriste

Libby said...

That really looks good! You are moving on with that list Girl!
Your puppies do look happy to have some cuddly time! So sweet!

Angie said...

I haven't seen your little darlings in quite a while. They are still just as adorable. :D

Deb A said...

Great job getting things done! Soon you'll be able to relax and sew in your new organized space!!!

Vicky said...

That list is almost done! Yahoo! I love your two pups. Their physique and faces look just like Daisy and Penny, just a different color!

InfinityQuilter/Knitter said...

It looks great. I had spots too that were too light so I have to go over them again, but it's better than it was.