Friday, June 17, 2011

Friday Night Sew In Results - June

After spending some time cleaning up my inbox and catching up on blogs and peeing the dogs too many times to count (!), I turned on the iron and got busy on my log cabin blocks!

100_3997

I think that I am a little rusty. I had to square up each block before I could sew it to the next one and all I got done was the 3 bottom rows in this picture. But it's all downhill from here!

This is my May UFO for Judy's Challenge and I will be happy to get the top assembled before the end of this month. After I get the center assembled, then it's a bunch of four patches so those should go pretty quickly!

I don't have much planned for this weekend so I think I will work on it some more. Tomorrow is the Sock Club, but I think that I am not going to set my alarm and if I sleep through it, then I sleep through it. It won't be the last Sock Club so I can just hit the next one.

The pups think that spending the weekend in bed sleeping sounds wonderful!

100_3998

13 comments:

Kristie said...

Love that quilt, you will have it finished in no time. I really don't like to square up blocks, not one of my favorite things. Enjoy your weekend.
Kristie

Melinda said...

My goal is always to square up as I go. Well, that's the goal, anyway. Have a great weekend of sewing and catching up on sleep. Sounds blissful.

Kate said...

Love those blocks! Good progress for one night.

Deanna said...

I didn't realize it was an on-point setting. Now I like it even more and look forward to seeing it complete.

Amy said...

Great UFO progress....and an open weekend FREE?!? Oooooo...can't wait to see more :0)

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Very nice! I need to post what I worked on. I'm going to go do that now.

Anonymous said...

wow. that will be a good finish!

Rhonda said...

Hi Jill!
Greats blocks and on the diagonal too.....love it.
This is my first FNSI, so I was very happy to get some thing accomplished.
Take care.

Jennifer said...

It is looking really good.

Jody Herbert said...

Looking really good! Great use of the colours.

Julianne said...

your log cabin blocks are wonderful. I worked with some wonkie log cabin blocks ..and did lots of making them work. ..thank goodness for the FNSI even if it was on Saturday for me.

elizabeth said...

Jill I love that log cabin and the colors. cant wait to see it finished. someday I am going to get back to quilting still scrapbooking only have 3 pages left to finish in grandsons 1st year and 2 pages in my zoo once from 4/10. Still working on soccer scrapbooks for granddaughter and her best friend. Then i have lots more to scrapbook.

InfinityQuilter/Knitter said...

You're making progress! Keep it up.