Saturday, August 13, 2011

Warehouse Sale fun!

Last week, I was contemplating taking Friday off to have a 3 day weekend to paint, but I decided to not take the day off. As a 'reward,' I got an email about a warehouse sale that Connecting Threads and Knit Picks was holding yesterday. Since I didn't take last Friday off and I got the painting done, I figured that I needed a reward and this was just the thing!

I picked up Jean around 9:30 and Victoria around 10 and we were on our way to Columbus! I met both of these gals through the Cincinnati Modern Quilt Guild. We had  blast on the way north and chatted the entire time so the time passed by very quickly.

We drove to the building to scope it out and we were there around 11:25. Since no one was in line, we ran to Chipotle for lunch and then back to the building. We got back at noon and were about the 10th in line.

Can you see our excitement?

100_4084

Victoria used an umbrella to save herself from the sun, but it was a great day for sitting outside for an hour. It was 77* when we went past the building at 11:30 and the humidity was very low.

100_4085

The line grew quickly!

100_4086

I took a few things back to the car and here is a picture of the line from the car and the cars in the lot.

100_4087 100_4088

Victoria and I were excited about the yarn, but a worker came out and told us that there were only 18 boxes of yarn, but that they had books this year. The 3 of us decided that we wouldn't even bother with the yarn.

When we got in, I went through a bunch of boxes and grabbed a lot. I got to the end and went to turn and go back up another aisle of boxes, but this is what I saw.

100_4089100_4090

It was crazy! I grabbed a few more things and worked my way back to the books and the bags that I took were so full that I had trouble looking in the boxes at the books. I grabbed a couple and when I turned around, Victoria was in line and Jean was several people ahead of her. Victoria pushed me in line behind her and we moved through the line to check out.

I was the last one to check and Jean and Victoria suggested that I get the car since the bags were loaded to overflowing and were super heavy. When I got in the car, it was only 1:41!! We did all of this damage in about 30 minutes since we were in line for 10-15 minutes. AMAZING!!!

100_4092

Next post, I will show all the goodies I got. Right now, I am off to take my nephew to IHOP and the Smurf movie!! :)

9 comments:

Regina said...

W.O.W!!!

Jackie's Stitches said...

Even though there was a line and it was busy, it sounds like a ton of fun! Lucky that you live so close.

Deanna said...

That is a great pile of loot!

Jennifer said...

Looks so fun!

Jean(ie) said...

it was fun. I'm still kicking myself over the books.

Melinda said...

Woohoo, what a haul. How good were the savings? Can't wait to see what you got.

Kristie said...

Enjoy your time with your nephew. We want to see that movie too.

I can't wait to see all of the goodies that you got!
Kristie

InfinityQuilter/Knitter said...

OMG, that's looks like when Nancy's Notions has their warehouse sale. Looks like you gals came home with a nice haul. Can't wait to see what you go. Have fun at the movie!

Libby said...

Fun!! I can't wait to see what all you got! Sounds like ya'll got there at the right time!