Thursday, September 29, 2011

Book Review Thursday - 9/29

I don't have any books to review today, but there was a very exciting announcement in the past week or so that I thought I would share.

It all started in April when Amazon announced that they were working with Overdrive to offer library lending on the Kindle. I waited as long as I could before I ordered my Kindle in July.

100_4187

I've been trying to read the actual books that I have gotten out from the library without buying them for the Kindle so I haven't actually read an entire book on the Kindle yet.

And finally on the 21st, Amazon announced that the library lending was available. I have been out to my library site and ordered a couple of books, but there is a waiting period and I haven't been able to check one out yet. I still have actual books out so it might be a few more weeks until I can read a library borrowed one. But I am very excited for this development!!

And hopefully, I will have a book or two read by next week to review.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Great new toy, hope you like reading with it.

jirons42 said...

I have downloaded one library book to my Kindle. It was a very easy process. My DIL has been on the fence about getting a Kindle and this library thing really tipped the scale for her. BTW, the Grand Rapids girls are looking forward to seeing you at the retreat again!

Jean(ie) said...

I "love" my kindle!!!! Lemme look at my books and see if any of mine are lendable.

Jean(ie) said...

I have a cute quick quilt mystery that is lendable... send me your kindle address

Deb A said...

I love my kindle! If you check in the amazon kindle free part there are some books offered for free. Bonnie Hunter also puts out some blog posts of things that catch her eye that are free for the kindle. She has put me onto a few new authors with books that I loved.
Enjoy