Saturday, October 1, 2011

My poor boy!

Wednesday when I came home from work, I was worried about Maisy's eye being swollen again. I was very surprised to see Max hobble out of the cage. I took him to the vet and Max decided that he wouldn't limp in front of the vet and the employees. The vet examined him and gave us meds and said he didn't think there was a break and to give it a week and see what happens.

Friday morning, Max was very uncomfortable and he wouldn't move when we went outside. When he finally did move, he got his foot caught in the harness and started crying. While I was trying to get him untangled, he bit me twice. We went back to the vet.

Since I feel like they didn't believe me about his pain on Wednesday, I took a video of him limping a little before we went into the office. Max just looks so pathetic and I feel so bad for him.


They took x-rays and he doesn't have any broken bones. The vet worked Max's neck and said that he doesn't show signs of having any neck injuries that could relate to leg pain. We just have to do the pain medicine and give it a few weeks now to see if he heals.

I feel so awful for my boy. I can see in his eyes that he hurts even with the pain medicine. It breaks my heart that I can't take the pain away from him. And he keeps giving me the cold shoulder when he tests his leg out and realizes that it still hurts.

I hope that my energetic little pip squeak comes back very soon. His babies even look pathetic since they aren't being played with.

11 comments:

Kristi said...

poor baby....hope he gets better soon.

Peggy said...

That's too bad - it's so hard when they're hurting and can't tell you what's wrong, and all one can do is guess. Hope the meds eventually help. What's happening with Maisy?

Susan C said...

Poor sweet Max, I hope he feels better soon. What a helpless feeling it is when they are hurting so.

How is Maisy doing? Is her eye any better? Give them both gentle pats and hugs from me.

South Jersey Quilter said...

Poor Maxie! Toast has intermittent back issues, and has to be on that doggie ibuprofen more and more, but it does great for her. It does make you feel so helpless when your fuzzy baby doesn't feel well.

Holly

Trish said...

Awh poor poochie, I know how you feel when you can't fix it and they are limping. When one of my yorkies do that sometimes it breaks my heart. We'll be pulling for Max to be pain free soon.

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

I'm sorry Jill. I hope Max starts feeling better soon.

Libby said...

That just makes me so sad Jill! I hope that he rebounds from this..I know this is so hard on you too!

Kristie said...

Poor little Max! :( I sure hope he gets better real soon. Give him a big hug and kiss from me.
Kristie

Regina said...

:-(

elizabeth said...

Poor babies, I hope they both get better soon.

thea said...

Poor baby .. hope things improve soon.