Friday, November 25, 2011

Black Friday shopping!

I had no inclination to stand in lines for stores that were opening at midnight. Props to those who did, but that was not for me! I did, however, head to Joann's this morning for some deals. I meant to get a number for the cutting line earlier than I did so I ended up waiting for quite a few people to get their orders cut. And I only had 1 thing to get cut. But I did special order bolts of batting. :)

As I was wandering around the store, a few things jumped into my cart.

100_4316

Now that I have been using my studio for a couple of months, I have realized that the ceiling fan lights are not always enough for things that I need to do. And a table lamp is not always enough either. So I was happy to see a floor and table Ott Lite lamp set. The design is quite nice, too! On sale with a 25% discount on top of that.... who could say no?

I also picked up 2 drapery rods for the studio. They didn't have the ones that I wanted for the bedroom so I will have to look at another store for those. But these will be great and I can choose a design and get my granma to make the drapes for me. AWESOME!

The rest is just tools that will help make sewing easier. And when they are on sale and you can use a coupon on top of that... too good to pass up!!

The Joann's that was closest to me closed and a new larger store was opened in October. This store just so happens to be right next to a Pet Smart!

100_4318

Dog toys + on sale = happy puppies!

100_4319

5 comments:

Kristie said...

Lot's of goodies!!! Love those lights, those will be great! I did not venture out today, too much madness out there for me. :)
Kristie

Jean(ie) said...

Ott lites also help stave away Seasonal Affected Disorder due to lack of light. The bulbs are full-spectrum. added benefit.

Looks like u scored some deals.

Jennifer said...

Good shopping, ESP the bolts of batting.

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

I love my OttLite. I went to Joann's this morning (instead of Friday) and picked up a bunch of rotary blades. Just so you know... I don't know what kind of bulb your OttLites take but DON'T buy them at Joann's! I found the one I needed at Lowe's for 10 bucks! Joann's wanted over $30.00 for the light bulb! Nice score on everything.

InfinityQuilter/Knitter said...

Way to go on the OttLite! Lucky pups....are the presents still intact of all their stuffing? LOL