After my teasers yesterday, I got the binding and hanging sleeve and label on my quilt. I was still burying threads when I got to the shop to drop it for pictures tonight. But it is now finished!!!
I started this quilt on December 8 - NINE DAYS AGO! I remember being amazed that I got the 5th Scrap Squad done in 3 weeks. I am just a tad shocked that this one was finished in less than that!
The Dresdens remind me of Life Savers and I was trying to
figure out a name for the quilt, but Life Savers just didn't seem right.
Someone suggested You Spin Me Round and I plugged Spinning into an
English to German translator and it came back with Spinnerei... So the quilt is now names Spinnerei!
I got it all quilted on Saturday and finished it up today. I quilted a tighter stipple in the white spaces and a bit of customizing in the plate blades with a dark grey (see below). I used a double layer of Warm and White for the batting because I have heard that some quilters do this for their quilts that are going to be in shows. It definitely helped with this quilt because there was a bit of fullness in the borders and the extra batting accepted that extra fabric.
The quilt is nice and heavy and stiff and hangs quite well!
Here is closer pictures of the plates.
This quilt was such a stretch for me to do. Many of my CMQG members will attest that I don't do wonky. But I am so pleased with this quilt and how it turned out! I can't wait to show it off!