Saturday, December 14, 2013

Attemping to quilt

Thursday evening, I pressed the next quilt top and backing and loaded the quilt onto the frame.

Photo: Next quilt on the frame! #darlingjillquilts #ohcraft #quilting

Friday night, I should have been quilting, but I fell asleep on the couch and then cleaned a little before heading to bed.

This morning, I started quilting and had a horrible experience with the thread and after it broke about 10 times, I pulled the quilt off the frame and proceeded to rip out the two rows of quilting that I had managed to get done.

Photo: I'm so pissed. On a deadline to get quilts done and back to customers and this stupid thread won't cooperate. I couldn't get two rows quilted without ten plus thread breaks. Giving up and ripping it all out. Waste of time.

After several hours of ripping and an hour of pressing the top and backing, I decided to re-load it on the frame and try the quilting again. I changed the tension on the side clamps and switched the bobbin for a different bobbin and everything is working s it should be. Or at least better than it was earlier today.

I'm happy to report that I am so close to being done with it!

Photo: Super close to being done now!! #darlingjillquilts #quilting #ohcraft


Regina said...

So glad you got past the frustration - it is a lovely quilt and I like the pattern you are quilting on it.

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

How frustrating. Glad after all that re-work worked out though.

Jennifer said...

So weird that it worked okay the second time. But glad for you that it did!

InfinityQuilter/Knitter said...

Bummer on having to pull the threads out, but glad it worked better the second time.