Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Change of pace

I got a little tired of working on the Gingerbread Lanes cross stitch so on Saturday, I started the Halloween Sampler. This is my first time working on linen and I had to rip out stitches a couple of times.

I started in the middle with the limb and then worked on the grid lines. The border is where I figure that if I can make it all the way around and my stitches line up, I should be good with the transition from Aida to Linen. :)

Halloween Sampler

I'm loving all the details in the border - the bats, the skulls and the black roses. I was having trouble with all the design though and finally found a secondary use for the frame cover - pattern holder! I folded the pattern on the grid lines that have been stitched and tucked the pattern into the frame cover. The cover holds the edges of the pattern nicely and it is enough out of the way that I can stitch, but close enough that I don't have to move the project out of the way to see where I need to go next.

Working on my #halloweensampler by #thefrostedpumpkinstitchery and I was having trouble keeping track of stitches on the border. I figured out last night that the frame cover has a dual purpose - pattern keeper. I have the pattern folded on grid lines I a

The other bright spot is that I don't have to disturb Max when he is napping with all of my back and forth. :)

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Great double use of the frame cover! Once you get used to the linen, you won't want to go back to Aida!