I took the month of August off from quilting because work was getting so hectic and I had little energy once I got home.
When I started back to quilting, I worked on this quilt with the Baptist Swirl panto and had some tension issues. I got 5 rows quilted and just wasn't happy with how it was turning out so I took the machine in for service and started ripping out what had already been done.
I used a variegated King Tut thread in the top and a bright green Bottom Line in the bottom and I just wasn't having great results - lots of shredding and breaking of the top thread. So I doused it with Sewer's Aid. It's the first time I have had to use that on thread in the Avante, but once I did, the quilting went much smoother and I was able to get this quilt finished.
I have quilted other quilts since this one and I am happy to report that there are no more machine issues!