Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Pumpkin Spice Peril

Caught back up on this series and am happy that there will be more after this one! A great cozy mystery series!

Pumpkin Spice Peril (Cupcake Bakery Mystery, #12)Pumpkin Spice Peril by Jenn McKinlay
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

While some cozy series tend to get a little stale 10-12 books in, Jenn McKinlay has managed to keep the Cupcake Bakery Mystery series fresh and exciting book after book! (See what I did there?)

Mel and Angie are running the bakery as usual with the help of long time employees Oz and Marty when Peter, a long time customer, shares with Mel that his wife has been feeling under the weather. Rene is working on an outdoor art exhibit for the city and asked Mel to cater the dessert. And then Rene winds up dead.

I enjoyed seeing the repeat character from the last book in the series pop in. And the few new characters show up to put a wrench in the investigating. I really look forward to the interactions with the DeLaura brothers in each novel and can't wait to see what happens with them in the next few!

Jenn also sets up some really nice storylines to be continued in the next books and I am excited to see what happens next! Jenn is absolutely one of my favorite cozy authors and I look forward to reading her books!


View all my reviews

No comments: