Sunday, February 14, 2021

Finlay Donovan is Killing It

 Another book from NetGalley and I absolutely cannot recommend it enough!! Five stars!!

*Thanks to NetGalley, St. Martin's Press and Minotaur Books for the free copy for my honest review.*


Finlay Donovan is a mess - recently divorced from a sleazeball husband and struggling to get herself together. Even though he is her ex, Steven seems to be running Finlay's life - firing her babysitter and basically doing everything he can to get custody of their 2 kids - and Finlay is just trying to keep it together and keep from having to pay back the latest advance on her book that is past due. When Finlay meets with her agent in a crowded Panera and discusses the murder in the book she is supposed to be writing, a neighboring diner mistakes her for a contract killer and hires Finlay to off her husband.


I felt like I could totally relate to Finlay except for the ex-husband and the kids. Knowing that someone is a sleazebag and having to kiss their behind anyway in order to keep them happy happens with everyone, but Steven seems to take pleasure in pushing Finlay around and holding money over her head. I loved it when Vero, the baby sitter stepped in and made a place for herself in Finlay's house and life. I really liked their chemistry and how supportive Vero is of Finlay and pushes her into doing things that maybe she wouldn't have done on her own.


I don't want to give too much away, but I loved this book and think that everyone should read it. It is funny and witty and such a unique storyline to me! Finlay gets herself into so many situations that I thought - well, that's it for her - and then things turn and she comes out just fine. I can't wait to read the next one!!

Now seriously - go get a copy and dive right in!!

No comments: