Monday, August 6, 2007

It helps to have friends...

On the myquiltblog.com site that is. I had taken the time to add some of you to my friends list. Just now, I was looking at the list on my blog maintenance page (where you can add entries, etc.) and I noticed that there was a link to a page - myquiltblog.com/jillquilts/friends/ I think. SO I clicked to see what it was and it took me to a page that had my blog's design, but all of the entries from my 'friends' in order of newest first. Not sure if this is anything new to any of you, but could this take the place of the RSS stuff? I hadn't taken the time to put my RSS friends on the website that Jen had and with all of the activity that went on today, I missed posts and this let me go through and see all of the posts that I had missed from those on my friends list. I am still relatively new here, so everyone may already know about this, but just in case, I wanted to be sure and post about it.
Post A Comment! :: Send to a Friend!
Monday, August 6, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by orchidlover
I hadn't noticed that before. I've used it this morning. Trouble is though I still have to check the main blog page to check for new bloggers love an dhugs gina xxx
Permanent Link
Monday, August 6, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by jillquilts
I will be checking the main page, too, but when I see that I may have missed a post, I will be checking here to make sure that I didn't. Yesterday, I missed all of the posts about Jen and Cindy's BOM and several others. :(
Permanent Link
Monday, August 6, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by 51050
Hmmm. I'll have to look at that. Rhoda
Permanent Link
Monday, August 6, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Cre8tiveQuilter
It can take the place of RSS. The problem is you then need to remember to click on this all the time. For me it's just easier to go to one place to get all the blogs that I read. I read Quiltblog.com but I also have a lot of other quilters and other friends that use different blogging servers so it's hard to keep up unless they're all grouped together somewhere. For me, Bloglines fits the bill. RSS also helps if you have other friends who read your blog.
Permanent Link
Monday, August 6, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter
I had not noticed this...I still need to set up my RSS. Kristie
Permanent Link
Tuesday, August 7, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Vesuviusmama
I use the FRIENDS link regularly and love it. The only blogs I keep up with are on myquiltblog.com, so this works for me better than the RSS. Especially because then I can comment.

No comments: