Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Weigh in and Big Shirt Class

Well, I only lost 1 pound from last week. I say 'only,' but I am still happy for that 'only' pound. Especially for as much as I snacked last week. I plan on coming home from work tomorrow and doing the elliptical again with another big salad for dinner. I hope that it will help for my real weigh in on Friday.

The big shirt class was fun. Well, it was as much fun as you can have when your tracing a pattern onto Pattern Ease and trying to remember all of the adjustments that need to be made to the pieces since the pattern is a bit screwy. (I didn't have time to take picture of the pattern book when I got home tonight, but it is on my list for tomorrow.) The original pattern calls for sleeves that are too short. I am 5'1" (almost) and the sleeves were still quarter length sleeves as the pattern shows. It was also odd that the patterns for PJ's that I have made for my niece and nephew had different sizes for the sleeves, but this pattern doesn't. You cut the same size sleeve for a small (6-8) as you do for a XXL (22-24). Very odd to me.

Oh, and I think that I have my mom talked into coming to our fund raising quilt retreat in April. She said that she wrote the dates down and that she would come up from Florida for it, but I don't believe it yet. It would be nice though.

All right - I am off to bed! Night!
Post A Comment! :: Send to a Friend!
Tuesday, July 31, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by
only. ONLY 1 pound you say? Go look in your fridge. Pull out 4 sticks of butter. That's the amount of fat you lost. You'll never say ONLY again!!! It's really fun to stack up boxes of butter when you go to the grocery store to match the amount you've lost total. That really puts it in perspective....just promise me you won't make me stack up the boxes of butter for the amount that I've gained back and we'll be great friends. =)Edited by Cre8tiveQuilter on Tuesday, July 31, 2007 at 10:21 PM
Permanent Link

Tuesday, July 31, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter
Great Job!! Losing one pound is better than gaining one pound. You should be very proud. You said you were 5'1, well, I am 5'0 and it seems that every pound looks like five, that is one of the bad things about being short. I really can't wait to see your big shirt. You will have to post a photo... Kristie
Permanent Link

Wednesday, August 1, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by jillquilts
Kristie, I know what you mean about the 1 pound looks like 5! I sort of felt bad about starting Weight Watchers with some of the ladies at work because I didn't weigh over 200. But when I went to first meeting, there were ladies who were just starting who only had 20 pounds to lose and I had 50 starting out so I stopped feeling bad right then!
Permanent Link

Wednesday, August 1, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Anonymous
I can sympathize with all you ladies ,it's so hard to get this weight off .I was never over weight and could eat chocolate bars all day but lately if I look at sweets I add on weight . There's so many different diets out there I don't know which one is any good ,so I have decide no diet just eat better ,lots of fruilt and veggies .
Permanent Link

Wednesday, August 1, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by SewAndSnip
I think 1 pound is fantastic. WAY TO GO. Cindy Leave a Comment

No comments: