Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Big Shirt Class Tuesday night

Tomorrow night, I am taking a class at my LQS to learn how to make a 'Big Shirt.' There is a booklet with the pattern, but I don't remember who wrote it. The quilt shop is really big on making these big shirts anytime they get in a new line of funky fabric. They have ones on display at the store with the Dick and Jane fabric and the Breast Cancer line and probably about 5 other lines. When my mom was home in May, she loved the shirts and told me she would buy the book for me to learn so that I could make her shirts. So on Sunday, I went to the shop to find fabric for the class. This is what I picked.



I was going to say that you couldn't see the gold accents, but I think that they are showing up quite well on all of the fabrics in the picture.

Well, tomorrow is also weigh in. Last week, was not a good week for me - we had complimentary blood work done on the day of weigh in and I had to fast the night before. It messed my system all up for days and I had to fight off the snacking monster by Friday. I was much better with my eating by Friday, but I didn't journal my eating all week and I know that I over ate on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. And since I didn't feel well, the elliptical was out of the question.

I guess that I should also explain that I have 2 different weigh ins each week. Tuesday is the official Weight Watchers weigh in and Friday is my official home weigh in. I started following the WW plan June 1 and weighed myself on my home scale and know what my starting weight was. Since I wasn't in WW at that time, they have their starting weight, but it was 12 pounds less than what my starting weight was. So when I am asked how much I have lost, I go by my number since it is the larger and shows that I have accomplished more! But I still feel like I should lose from Tuesday to Tuesday... and they give out stickers and such at the meetings!

Well, Max is feeling neglected so I must go throw a toy for him. And Hell's Kitchen is on and I want to see who is sent home. I love it when Chef Ramsey yells at the contestant chefs! I'm so bad!
Post A Comment! :: Send to a Friend!
Monday, July 30, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter
Love your fabrics and I can't wait to see your big shirts. You should be very proud of yourself for losing your weight so far. Weight is a very hard thing to lose. So be proud of yourself for every pound that you lose. It takes a very strong person to do that. Kristie
Permanent Link

Monday, July 30, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by SewAndSnip
Way to go on the weight loss. You have lots to be proud of. I can't wait to see the big Shirts and I really love your fabric choices. Keep us posted. Cindy ( Peony The House Elf )
Permanent Link

Monday, July 30, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Dawnmarie
Love the fabric. What is a big shirt? And congrats on your weight loss. Keep at it.
Permanent Link

Tuesday, July 31, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by orchidlover
I love your fabric choices, nice and autumnal. Way to go on the weight loss. I do well on diets butthen after about 6 weeks i start to get bored and that's when start to drop out love and hugs gina xxx
Permanent Link

Tuesday, July 31, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by jillquilts
A big shirt looks like an oxford shirt only it is oversized. It will be a long sleeved shirt and there will be panels of different fabrics to make up the front sides and back of the shirt. I will post a picture when I am finished with it.
Permanent Link

Tuesday, July 31, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Cre8tiveQuilter
I"m intrigued by this big shirt!! I need to see a picture!! =) The fabrics you chose are awesome!!

No comments: