Sunday, November 11, 2007

My mini-quilt retreat!

Today, I am having my own quilt retreat. I got my Bubba back on Friday and haven't even unwrapped him because I was barely home Saturday.

Quick updates - the date on Friday was good. I had a good time - we went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner and I think that the dogs liked him. Saturday, I ran out to my sister's house and went to the football game with them to see Claire do her cheerleading. It's kind of fun to watch the girls and Claire is starting to do her jumping around. After the game, we went back to their house and Ryan called a dealership about a truck. I drove him down to the dealership and we took the truck for a test drive. He ended up buying the truck and once the financing was done, I drove out to the Pontiac dealership to see about buying my car. They ended up saying to just hold off until the settlement check comes in next week and I gave them a check to hold the car. At this point, with the holiday on Monday, the purchase may not happen until Thursday night. After I left the dealership, I drove back to my sister's and hung out with the kids until they went to bed. On my way home, I stopped at the grocery store so that I wouldn't have to do it today.

So far this morning, I have ironed fabric that I washed 2 weeks ago for Project Linus blankets and cut out some fabric for pants for the kids. And I watched Shooter with Mark Wahlberg - very good movie! I am about to get ready to run to Joann's for the sale that starts today.

Here are some pictures of my sewing area from before I started working today. I have a list of things that I would like to get done, but I am going to keep that to myself for now and will post pictures when I am finished for the day.
view 2

PL fabric

2 comments:

Jen said...

What a bummer about not getting your car until Thursday. =( I'm glad the date went well. How is Texas Roadhouse? I can't go there because of all the peanuts (if yours are like ours here you eat peanuts and throw the shells on the ground). How exciting that you're having a retreat day. Mine and Mom's continues today. But it's 11:40 and no sign of her yet. I've been working on laundry and just got a UFO that won't work on my frame basted. I'd start quilting it but I'm waiting for her to bring her cone of varigated thread. Oh well...off to find another project to work on in the duration.

Moneik said...

Looks like you started the day with lots to do. Can't wait to hear how much you accomplished!