Friday, November 30, 2007

A slacker again..

I was supposed to have a class at Best Friends tonight to work on my Star and Nine Patch, but the classroom is having some electrical issues so they canceled the class. I found this out at 9:30 this morning and then re-planned my day accordingly. I was going to work a little later and then come home and eat really quickly and start working on my blocks that I didn't have finished for the class. Well, that didn't happen! I didn't even get to rip out one seam that I sewed incorrectly last night on my 9 patches. :(

I did talk to my mom for about an hour and then ate. I played with the dogs and surfed the net for a bit. And I am trying to plan my day for tomorrow. I have to make 7 dozen cookies for a cookie and candy exchange on Sunday. I am making myself a mini-turkey dinner. I think that will be easy enough to prep for while making the cookies and then I will let it cook and sew. Or unsew, as needed. I also have to run up to Best Friends for the Open House to sign up for 2 classes for next quarter. And I have a coupon for Joann's, so I am thinking that I should get some more of the fusible web for applique. It will be a busy day!

I know there were a few comments about the applique on the santa table runner and I just want to reassure eveyone - we used fusible web so there is a stabilizer on my pieces. On Tuesday, we will learn how to finish our edges of our pieces using either a top stitch, a blanket stitch or zig zagging. I have a blanket stitch on my machine and I really want to use this stitch. Plus, I really like how the blanket stitch looks on applique.

OK, I am getting tired and should get some sleep for my busy day tomorrow. Have a great night, everyone in my blog world! :D

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Have a WONDERFUL weekend, Jill. It sounds like you have it filled up quite nicely. We might get some freezing rain here. Are you expecting any bad weather?

Maureen said...

Enjoy your weekend and you turkey dinner. One of our local grocery stores had frozen turkey's on sale so I bought one. I need to defrost it one of these days and make a nice turkey diner. With the leftovers I will make a turkey pot pie like my sister in law makes.

I am sitting here watching the snow fall...it sounds like it is icing right now and Mark is working in the cold and snow.

Maureen

Moneik said...

Jill the fusible is different than the stabalizer. You put the stabalizer on the back side of the entire piece. It helps to hold all the fabric, not just what is fused.

Jen said...

Yep, fusible is different frm the stabilizer. Without stabilizer, all the fabric without fusible on it will start to scrunch up.

I'm a pain in the ass, aren't I?

I've just turned out enough wonky shaped applique pieces while learning the ropes.