Thursday, July 3, 2008

June Accomplishments

June was a very productive month, if I do say so myself. I think that July looks promising, too, but I'm getting ahead of myself. Here is what I did in June:
  1. Realized that I have a ton of things in my stash that I haven't even started. Resolved to get my rear in gear and get some things done.
  2. Bought the Viking Mega Quilter and Grace frame
  3. Successfully set up the Viking Mega Quilter and Grace frame, Lenny and Squiggy, all by myself with only a small injury that healed up nicely.
  4. Finished putting the fruit table runner and place mats together. 2 place mats are completed and the table runner and remaining 2 place mats just need to have the last part of the binding stitched down.
  5. Cleaned the basement to get it ready to receive the Viking Mega Quilter and Grace frame.
  6. Learned that there is a trick to loading a bobbin into a side loading bobbin machine. But once I learned that, the machine works great!
  7. Loaded some muslin successfully on Lenny on the first attempt!
  8. Made pretty pink and green striped leaders for the frame.
  9. Began practicing free motion quiting on the frame and big machine.
  10. Made a pink and black run around bag to use at the NQA show in Columbus.
  11. Took a bus up to Columbus for the show and had a great time, got some awesome things and enjoyed the company!
  12. Met Eleanor Burns!!!
  13. Began working on the Wagon Wheels quilt again. Got the blocks mostly put together.
  14. Finished A, B and C in Sue Grafton's alphabet series. I had listened to all of the books a couple of years ago and then about a year and a half went by before the next book came out so I decided to re-read/listen to the series again. I am enjoying them again!
  15. Listened to the Jane Austin Book Club. That is 15 hours or so that I won't be getting back.
  16. Quilted/sewed/prepped the basement for a total of 43.75 hours for the One Hour a Day Challenge! Awesome!

Well, I think that is it. I can't wait to see what all I can get done in July!

1 comment:

Moneik said...

Congrats on your accomplishments! I have zilch!