Monday, August 11, 2008

Am ... so ... sleeeepppyyy!

Even though I had my camera with me at my work station at the retreat, I really didn't take many pictures. We all had a great time chatting and sewing and showing off what we were working on.

On Saturday morning, I woke up around 6 or 6:30 and spent a few minutes checking some emails and then I went into the sewing room and got myself and space in order. Before you knew it, they were ringing the bell for breakfast so we all went and ate. When we got done, Maddy finished working on her little top that she started on Friday night. We decided that she could use it as a table runner. She did this without a pattern - just by sewing some scraps together that she had won at the April retreat.

100_0718

While Maddy was working on this, I worked on my pants. I traced the pattern onto pattern paper for my size and then cut out pieces of muslin so that I could make sure that the size would work. It did so I was off to the gym with my fabric and pattern and scissors. I cut out fabric for 6 pairs of pants! I think right about now, it was lunch time. After lunch, I started working on the Jetsons pants and helped Maddy get started on her binding.

Some of the ladies decided to run out to a local quilt shop and Ben Franklin's. Since I had made the runaround bags, a couple of the ladies wanted me to show them how to make them and they needed zippers. While they were gone, we watched National Treasure 2. Great movie! Once everyone got back with supplies, it was just abut dinner time so we waited on the class until after dinner.

While everyone was gone, I got the binding ready and sewn down on the 2 quilts that I took. I left the last little bit so that I could show Maddy how to finish off the binding correctly. I helped her with 2 and then she did the third of her quilts on her own!

I still didn't get a picture of Carol and her purses, but here is Jane (behind Billie) and her purse.

100_0719

Once we got done with the class, I was able to finish the Jetsons pants. Everyone loved my Real Women Quilt shirt, by the way! I love these pants - definitely not clown pants!

100_0720

As a thank you for helping her with the purse, Jane made me a little coiled bowl. Perfect for a candy bowl!

100_0722

For the rest of Saturday and Sunday, I worked on chain piecing my pants. I got pretty far along, but I didn't get anything else finished.

All in all, it was a very fun and productive weekend! I can't wait until the next getaway! Now, I need to get some sleep!

3 comments:

Gina said...

Sounds like you had a great time.

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Jen said...

Dang! Great bowl and cute pants!!! Aren't you glad you finally made yourself a pair??

Rhonda said...

I looks like you have a great time, love the pants. They look comfy. I'm about to go on a retreat for a few days and am planning on taking my computer. They have Internet there so I'll be in business.LOL Take care and get some rest. It takes me at least 3 days to recover from retreats. Go figure.