Thursday, September 4, 2008

Lenny and Squiggy saw some action!

Tonight after dinner, I got to the basement and worked on some charity quilts. I think that Lenny and Squiggy were very excited to see some action! They worked wonderfully!

The first one was this quilt made of squares. I was trying a technique that I used in a machine quilting class where you quilt a wavy line hitting the points where the squares meet and eventually the top looks like a bunch of circles were quilted. I didn't have enough room to accomplish this so I ended up doing meandering flowers and loops. I think that the flowers turned out really well.

100_0793
100_0794

On this one, I just did a meander, but when I got to the bottom, I realized that I didn't start the top of the quilt soon enough and I ran out of backing. I am now in the process of ripping out the quilting.

100_0795
100_0796

Overall, the meandering turned out really nice. I will do it again once the quilt is ready to be loaded again.

3 comments:

Regina said...

These look great!

Moneik said...

I hate when that happens! Your quilting looks great though.

Jen said...

i MEANT TO SAY before that your flowers look fantastic. Way to go!!!