Sunday, November 30, 2008

This one time...

Today, I took the houses into the shop and Katy quilted it while I worked. Since we were so slow, I prepped the binding to attach it and start sewing it down while I worked. Well, I didn't quite get the binding attached before we closed so I brought it home to work on.

Around 7, I sat down with the dogs to start stitching the binding to the back. I just finished it!

100_1146

I think it looks pretty good!

This one time, Jen mentioned needing a thimble that would fit her finger well and she bought a Nimble Thimble to try. Come to think of it, I have no idea if she ended up liking it or not. I bought myself a Nimble Thimble earlier this month and decided to try it out with the houses binding. I *LOVE* it! It hugs and protects my finger, but doesn't get in the way of my trying to direct the needle of where to go. And while my finger is sore after 3 hours of stitching, I could probably keep on stitching. Woo hoo! Now, I will need to get some more as back ups! Although, I would like to try a size medium.

100_1147

8 comments:

Moneik said...

The quilt looks great! I love my Nimble Thimble! I use it all the time. I need to get other sizes for my other fingers.

Gina said...

I love the quilt and such rich colours.

I use two or three traditional silver thimbles. They take a bit of getting used to but I wouldn't change them.

love and hugs Gina xxx

Deb A said...

Love that quilt. Nice job.

Treasa said...

The quilting turned out great. I love my nimble Thimble too. A good invention.

Myra said...

Love, love, love this quilt! Love the colors, the houses, and the boarders! What a wonderful wall-quilt!
Happy stitchings! 8-)

Linda said...

I love the quilt! The borders are especially cool.

swooze said...

I bought that thimble....have to find it...have you seen the new thimbles by Bohn? I LOVE them. I also love the W'nder thimble.

Jen said...

I love my nimble thimble. I had the medium and it stretched so I bought a small but the small was too short of a body and it fell off all the time. So I SEWED up my medium and now all is good with the world. Yeah I'll have to take a picture of it so you can laugh! It's totally ghetto