Sunday, May 17, 2009

Retreat Post – Monday

Monday morning, we got up and got ready. Jen and I had agreed the night before that we would leave the old women home (Cindy and Sherry) while we took Moneik to breakfast and the airport. We had also secretly decided that we would hit another shop that is down by the airport once we dropped Moneik off! Breakfast was at Bob Evans. Yum!

When we got to the airport, we took Moneik in and waited while she got her ticket, a shot glass from Cincinnati, had a potty break and got checked in. Then, we were off to Cabin Arts! I found some neat dog fabrics to use in my commission quilt and fabric that Moneik wanted. I sent her some texts and found out how my she needed and got it for her.

My fabric

100_1591

Moneik's fabric

100_1564

I think Jen was amazed by the amount of fabric that the shop has out. They utilize their space very well!

On our way back, we decided to stop for icee's. When we pulled in, we were shocked by seeing this ....

IMG00070

An abandoned stack of ice. What shocked us was that it was a bit warm out.

IMG00072

It made us giggle!

Jen also played Dr. Google and searched swine flu on the way back to my house. She was reading the symptoms and other information about the flu to me and all of a sudden I burst out laughing. Apparently, the flu can affect men, women, pigs and "other animals such as ferrets." Really? Why just ferrets? Just pigs and ferrets? Why single out poor ferrets? It's almost like saying that the common cold can affect adults and children and specifically 20 year old females. Just very odd. I wonder if the site has amended their facts since the flu is now the H1N1 flu instead.

When we got home, Cindy and Sherry were watching the news about the flu and then the weather channel. Then it seemed like all at once they got their stuff all loaded and were gone. I was sad. The ninjas were sad. We napped.

Then I thought about all the goodies that I got and won. I was happy!!

4 comments:

Moneik said...

I love my fabric and now that I have made a couple practice pair that fit I can make a pair of pants out of them. I can't wait. Thanks so much for taking me to the airport.

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

How come the retreat took so long to get here and it's already been almost a month ago? That weekend just went by too fast!

Jen said...

Are you kidding me? You were doing the happy dance because we had all left!

CatQuilter said...

I agree with One I - it went by WAY too quickly!