Sunday, September 27, 2009

A Sew-y Weekend

Last week, I cut fabric for a bunch of blocks for a quilt for a friend. Her husband is deployed and she needed a little help with making blocks for a quilt for him. I spent the last 2 days assembling the blocks.

I think that mine have turned out pretty well!

100_2037

100_2038

100_2039

I also took a couple of black and white pictures of the dogs to try and see if the gray hair will stand out a lot. It sure does on Maisy!

100_2031

But Max still looks OK.

100_2033

Now, I need to get some binding and a hanging sleeve on a quilt to have some hand sewing ready for the week. I have lots to get done! Although, a nap may be in order. I'm a little sleepy!

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

The blocks look great and the pics of the dogs are cute too. Didn't the blocks bust some stash? Or did you do them after your report?

~Kim~ said...

Love the blocks you made! What an honor!

Love the dog pics :) Wonder if anyone has ever died their dog's grey? KIDDING!!

~Kim~

Gina said...

Love the blocks.

Stan is starting to grey up aswell. Only around the mouth at the moment but it looks like he has a beard


Love and hugs GIna xxx

Carin said...

way cute blocks!

Your puppies are cute.

quiltin cntrygrl said...

They look awesome.. I finished 2 of my blocks at about midnight last night.. Keith is going to be so suprised!! Did I tell you that I now have to make the drive to San Diego to get him??

Kristie said...

Your blocks look very nice!
Kristie