Friday, March 26, 2010

Dear Blog

I have been neglecting you! For that, I am so sorry!

I have a few pictures to share. And a couple of videos, too! Of the dogs, of course, but they are too cute not to share!

Monday, I had the day off from work so I was able to sew, but I sewed on the secret quilt so no pictures of that.

A couple of weeks ago, I was in the quilt shop chatting with my buds and they invited me to join a Super Secret Quilt Challenge. A couple of the gals picked 18 blocks that must be used in a quilt that is at least a twin size. The blocks were picked from 501 Rotary Cut Quilt Blocks by Judy Hopkins. Barb and I decided to make our blocks for each other.

Since that Friday, most of my free time has been spent re-drawing the blocks in EQ6 and picking the fabric to use and using fabric scans to color the blocks. I'm getting very proficient in using EQ6 now and I have plenty of design time to add into my quilting hours!

Last night, I bought my fabric for the top!! I'm very excited about the quilt blocks and starting the piecing! I have sent some preliminary layouts from EQ6 to a couple of gals and had good reviews. I just hope that the blocks go together easily!

As I said, I have pics and videos to share and plan to have those up this weekend.

And I have some exciting news that I failed to mention on the last few posts.... I hit my 900th post a couple of posts ago! I am well on my way to my 1,000th post and my 1,000th post giveaway! The 'little' box is filling up!

The pups say...

100_2437 "We're glad to be back!"

PS - for those of you who follow Jamie's Creative Corner, she updated her blog and it won't be showing up on your feed sites unless you refresh her feed. I had to delete the original and re-add the link.

3 comments:

Jamie W said...

Cute picture and can't wait to see your "secret" quilt!!! And a BIG THANKS!!!! for posting about my update!!!! HUGS!

Michelle said...

Hey Jill! Good to see your post. I KNOW, I KNOW...I need to post something too, but darn, with working extra hours, decluttering, and junkin'....seems there just isn't enough time in my days. I'll get to it sometime, I hope!
love ya! Michelle

Libby said...

Look at those sweet faces!!
Have a great weekend!
Libby