Friday, June 18, 2010

Dinner and Ducks

My aunt Donna and Uncle Ted were in town last week and I was able to meet them for dinner at LaRosa's. They are originally from the Cincinnati area, but live in Texas now and whenever they get a chance, they love to get a taste of Cincinnati food. The last time I got to see them was when they were up last June. It was a great dinner and good company!

I picked them up after I got off of work and I got to see their new RV. It's NICE! And the placemats that I made look great on their table! We went to dinner and then back to the park where they have a view of the lake from their back window.

As soon as we got out of the car, there was a group of ducks that started swimming towards their RV. They saw Ted coming and headed right for their dining area!

We were able to feed them hot dogs buns and the came pretty close to us. But they were still skittish and waddled back to the water when I dropped a piece by my feet and reached to pick it up. When the buns were gone, they left and came back several times looking for more. :)

IMG00053-20100610-1949

IMG00054-20100610-1955

IMG00055-20100610-1955

IMG00056-20100610-1956

IMG00057-20100610-1956

These pictures were taken with my phone because I didn't have my camera with me. I think that they look pretty good!

3 comments:

Laura said...

I love feeding ducks! Great pictures. Thanks for sharing.

InfinityQuilter/Knitter said...

Cool pics.

Ted and Donna said...

You forgot to mention the ducks didn't like the chow mein noodles! I guess they weren't Peking Ducks!! Great seeing you.