Thursday, October 28, 2010

Stash Report be damned!

Yesterday, I had more than one package in the mail!

Earlier in the year, the Paris in the Fall by This and That was revealed and Amy and I fell in love! We chatted about this quilt almost everyday and searched the web to see how much it would cost to buy the kit. We decided that while we would love to do the BOM through the Fat Quarter Shop, it would just end up being way too expensive. If we couldn't find it for less, then we would just let it go and watch blogland while other bloggers made the blocks and the quilt.

One day, I just to be searching for the quilt BOM and I found Craft Town Fabrics where they had several options for purchasing the BOM. One was to order the entire kit - patterns, blocks and finishing kit - with just one shipping cost. WOW!!! I sent the link to Amy and asked her to look at it and make sure that I was reading the site correctly and she agreed that it looked like we would save at least $100 ordering the BOM as a group. WOO HOO!! We both signed up immediately!

Well, it wasn't supposed to ship until November! Amy and I got emails on Tuesday that the kit was shipped and it was in my mailbox on Wednesday. Talk about service!!!

Here's the picture of the whole kit.

100_3253

And here is all of the fabric that I am going to have to add to my stash report this week.

100_3251

At least it is gorgeous! So much prettier in person! I'm going to have to start cutting the fabric and putting the blocks in a new BOM binder! :)

11 comments:

Jansie said...

Ooh, thanks for sharing! I have been searching for the perfect BOM kit to start my very first quilt and this just might do it. I also saw it on the Fat Quarter Shop and passed because of the price. It is sooo pretty. Congrats!

scraphappy said...

I don't want to know how much the kit was if you managed to save $100 by ordering it all at one time:) It looks luscious though. Have fun getting it all bindered up and ready to sew.

Jennifer said...

Looks like a great kit.

Kristie said...

Oh that looks very nice! Can't wait to see you start working on that one!
Kristie

Deanna said...

When you are done can I have the pattern? Just kidding, mostly, but those are beautiful blocks. I can see why you couldn't resist!

Gina said...

I thought about that BOM aswell. With great reluctance I decided against it this year

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Libby said...

Sounds like a good deal!! That is quilt is very pretty and it looks like the quilt shop really packaged it up well for you! A quilt shop with great prices and great service is a really good thing!!!
Can't wait to see it!
Libby

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

WOW. Pretty! I can't wait to see you get started on it.

elizabeth said...

THAT LOOKS LIKE A VERY PRETTY BOM QUILT. CANT WAIT TO SEE IT FINISHED. I HAVE ONLY TWO MORE SIDES TO SEW THEN THIS TOP WILL BE FINISHED. I COULD HAVE FINISHED IT LAST NIGHT BUT WATCHED TO MUCH TV INSTEAD OF SEWING....HAPPY SEWING

InfinityQuilter/Knitter said...

What a great score for us! Now to figure out when I'm going to work on it.

SubeeSews said...

OMGoodness...I had to buy that set too. And also 10 yards of fabric...ouch to my bank account but happy is my heart!
Subee