Saturday, December 18, 2010

CMQG Sew In Day

Last Saturday, the Cincinnati Modern Quilt Guild that Barb and I joined had a Sew In at the Fairfield Library. Since we were going to be getting up early to get there anyway, Barb and I decided to have breakfast at Cracker Barrel and we invited Jean to join us. Jean is new to the area, is trying to use what she has and still hasn't been to the Fabric Shack and Barb and I are going to take her under our wings and lead her astray! lol

As most readers know, our normal routine is IHOP, but Barb wanted Cracker Barrel and I chalked it up to her pregnancy hormones. After our less than, ahem, quick service there, I think that our normal routine will be stuck to next time! lol

After we FINALLY got out of the Barrel, we headed to the library to meet up with the other gals. It was a pretty small group, but we were able to chat and still sew up a storm!

On one side of the room was Amy, Holly, Barb and me. We all worked 2 to a table, but there were enough tables that we could have all had our own. I set up my iron and board in between our tables and spent most of my time pressing my witch pieces to the background.

100_3376

And the other side of the room was Andie, Lynn (who is hidden behind Andie), Heather and Stephanie. Stephanie is opening a new quilt shop in the Cincinnati area and she will be carrying a lot of modern fabrics. She came to talk to us about when the shop will be open and what she will have.

100_3377

Here are my witches after I got them all pressed together. I was able to get most of 1 of the greens satin stitched while I was there.

100_3379

Barb worked on the new quilts for her daughter and the baby. She got everything mostly cut out and started making blocks.

100_3378

This is a block for Lucy's quilt. Lucy LOVES the flowers! :)

100_3380

It was a very productive day! I think that we will be trying to hold more sew ins in the new year.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

it was fun!

Vic H. said...

That looks like a great time!! I hope out new MQG will do the same....;-D

scraphappy said...

Such fun. Your witches are just too cute. Glad you were able to get some work done on them. Have fun playing with your new fabrics.

Jennifer said...

Aren't sewing days great? I am looking forward to one this Thursday!

Rhonda said...

Sewing in a group is always loads of fun. I love to see what everyone is doing. Thanks for sharing!!!!!

Regina said...

Looks like so much fun. Will the new shop be open when I am there?

Suzanne said...

What a wonderful way to spend a day with friends...food and sewing! Like your witchy pattern!

jenben said...

Oh my gosh!! I bet you all had a great time!! I'm just getting back into sewing and am wanting to get into quilting. I will have to check out your friends new shop as I am near Cincinnati :)