Friday, April 29, 2011

Unscheduled FNSI

I spent the last couple of nights cutting out the blocks for my April UFO for Judy's Challenge. I don't think that there is a chance that I am going to get the quilt assembled at this point, but I am going to make a valiant effort to get everything cut out and ready to sew tonight. And I want to be able to start assembling the blocks this weekend as well.
 
Right now, I have several things that have been prepped and are ready to sew - 8 pillowcases, the leaders for the frame and the Star Struck quilt just to name a few. I also have 4 quilt tops and backs that have been pressed and are ready for quilting and 2 more that have been waiting patiently in the wings. And the prizes for the February Year of the PIGS have to be made. I also have to figure out what the prize will be for this month.
 
I also have several kits that I want to get cut and I really want to pull out the March UFO to have it sitting under my nose so that I might work on it as well. :)
 
There is never a shortage of things to do, only a shortage of time in which to do them.
 
So.... anyone else want to join in my impromptu Friday Night Sew In?

9 comments:

swooze said...

I will be working on cutting up my denim and flannel tonight!

Libby said...

I think I will join you! I have to take the kid to karate, going to grab some fast food afterwards then do some handquilting...Don't hate me cause of my exciting life!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

I wish I could but the husband is working tonight so I have Punk to entertain. And recently, you've been mentioning pillowcases and then I remember that I bought fabric to make pillowcases about a month ago but I need to wash it first. Then I forget all about my fabric washing. I'm going upstairs right now to get my fabric to wash it so that I can make my pillowcases next week! LOL.

Sandi P said...

Hoping to finish up a couple of things tonight myself. Nothing as ambitious as your sew-in sounds, but a few odds and ends and then hopefully cut out some pieces for a quilt along I'm already behind on.

Kate said...

Sounds like a good idea. I'm trying to finish the Castle Quilt for Nora so she'll have it for her first chemo treatment and then I need to finish up the binding for the Brown Bag UFO.

Jennifer said...

I am just getting home, but plan to do at least 15 mins before I head to bed. Hope you've gotten a lot done!

Deb A said...

So.... what did you get done on your sewing night? I got most of a quilt quilted yesterday afternoon... does that count? I love nap time!

Anonymous said...

I did some quilting last night and got my quilt ready to bind... Yay! I'll make my goal of having this done this weekend....

Kristie said...

Sounds like you have a lot of things ready to sew! I really need to replace my leaders too.
Kristie