Sunday, July 17, 2011

Stash Report Week 29, 2011

Well, I bought some fabric this week! I had a gift certificate that I needed to use up before it expired and I was thinking about getting the Happy Mochi Yum Yum from the Fat Quarter Shop, but I couldn't think of anything to do with it so I bought some white on white instead. When I was picking fabrics for the newest SIS quilt, I couldn't find any white on white in my stash so I figured this would be a good addition.

Then, when I was drawing up the pattern for my bug jar quilt, I needed something for the background in the blocks. I picked a Bella Solid and found it online for a great price. I got 3 yards which is a little more than what the pattern calls for. Since I went shopping on Thursday and found better bug fabrics, I might need to make extra blocks so the extra yardage will come in handy.

I also got the bug fabrics, but I can't remember how much I bought so I will add that to next week's report.

No pictures yet. All the new fabric is downstairs for now.

Fabric added this week: 7.00
Fabric added year-to-date: 92.94

Fabric used this week: 0.00
Fabric used year-to-date: 97.59

Net Fabric Used: 4.65

Still not too bad!

8 comments:

Vic H. said...

You are doing so well on your fabric this year!!! I love the bug jar quilts...can't wait to see yours done... ;-)

Anonymous said...

Yay for new fabric! Can't wait to see the bug quilt. My stepdaughter would like that. She loved her etymology class in college and years after still collects and mounts bugs.

Jennifer said...

I love that happy mochi fabric too....glad you got some that you can cut up soon!

Deanna said...

If you used a gift certificate does it still count? Ah, how we can rationalize to ourselves...

Suzanne said...

What fun projects you have in progress! Where do you like to shop online for fabric?

Kristie said...

You still have a great stash report even with the purchases!
Kristie

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Sounds like you got what you needed and thought about it! ( not like some *ahem* who just buy....)lol

Great job!

InfinityQuilter/Knitter said...

You're still in the black, so all is good. Kudos!