Wednesday, August 29, 2012

WIP Wednesday - 8/29

Another good week, I think. Except that I didn't do the most important thing on my list.

I made a Midget block.

101_0670

I made block #11 of the 2009 Fat Quarter Shop Mystery BOM.

101_0672

And I satin stitched boots on 5 more witch block. Only 4 are shown and only 5 are left to do!

101_0673

And finally, I quilted and bound this quilt for Kara.

101_0674

Last night, I picked up the backing for the baby quilt. I need to have the quilt finished Saturday for the baby shower. I was hoping to get the backing made last night, but I just didn't.

101_0621

I did start working on the fabric for the next Scrap Squad, but hit a snafu. The 2 sides of the fabric do not match up exactly like I was hoping and it means that there is going to be more scraps that I was thinking there would be. I'm not really thrilled about that, but there isn't anything else that I can do. I just need to suck it up and make the blocks that I need and try to salvage the fabric that I can.


Last week...
Make next Midget block
Make next BOM block

Scrap Squad #4 - most important!
Satin stitch 4 witch block
Quilt Kara's quilt


Next week...
Make next Midget block
Make next BOM block
Scrap Squad #4 - get my focus blocks finished at the very least.
Finish the blue baby quilt
Make goodies for the Blog Hop Giveaway

Wish me luck!! I'm linking up at Freshly Pieced.

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

5 comments:

The Thompsons said...

What beautiful and fun projects. The witch boots are fabulous and I also particularly love the Midget block.

Kara {me and elna} said...

Your sewing/quilting productivity is super encouraging to me!

Jean(ie) said...

Knowing your skills, you can make it work. Yay on getting so much done!

Jennifer said...

Still good progress - now get going on that scrap squad quilt! Lol

Unknown said...

Jill you always amaze me at how much you can get done. Still love those fabrics and can't wait to see the finished quilt. Happy Quilting