Friday night, I went to a stitch night. I took this background that I had made at the retreat in May and the pieces for the applique.
This photo is very washed out, but it was always the best that I could do with my camera.
I worked on tracing the applique parts out on the fusible.
That didn't take as long as I thought it was going to. It must have been the company and the chatting that made the time fly.
I pressed the fusible to the fabric, cut out the pieces and began laying out the design. I had numbered the parts on the paper and it ended up being like paint by number but with fabric.
And by the time we were ready to leave, I was done!
The color in this picture is much more accurate. I think the flowers help balance that out.
I am going to do some thread painting type work on the daisies, but I need to make sure I have the right color thread first.